how many of you guys cook???
Jan 3, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #602 of 3,876
I love Five Guys but getting all the essential toppings makes it a burden to lift. XD

I couldn't fall asleep until 1am. I had to get up at 5:30. There ya go.
New Years going to bed at 4:15 certainly didn't help.

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #603 of 3,876

Quote:
I love Five Guys but getting all the essential toppings makes it a burden to lift. XD

I couldn't fall asleep until 1am. I had to get up at 5:30. There ya go.
New Years going to bed at 4:15 certainly didn't help.

I got to sleep around 4 and got up at 7, but I'm used to not getting enough sleep. Also, I'll stop derailing the thread now.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #604 of 3,876
Quote:
If I were to open a restaurant (which is something I would like to do), I would do a "high end" fast food place. The equivalent to a Chipotle but with more diversity than just burritos, tacos, etc. I find that fast food is VERY lacking in the quality department. If you think about places like Taco Bell, Burger King, Dairy Queen, etc they all have one thing in common: seemingly great food, until you take a bite. I know this is because people are only willing to spend x amount of dollar on a burger but I think some like quality food but would rather not sit in a restaurant. Good examples (I think) of good food that you don't sit down for are places like Five Guys (although you could literally wring out all of the grease), small Middle Eastern places that have simple, but amazing food like gyros and kabobs. I know this place around wear I live that has the most amazing gyros. They make the meat themselves; they don't use the frozen presliced lamb like many others do. Sure it's $6.50 for a sandwhich but it's well worth it.

Excuse me if this seems like disorganized thought or ranting, I am running low on sleep.

There are a few places like that around here, but they're mostly deli-type places.  It's definitely worth it to pay $8 for an incredible 'homemade' and original sandwich than $5 for a footlong sub at Subway.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's healthier too.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #605 of 3,876
Oh my God...5 Guys without a doubt tests me and my dedication to being a vegetarian. I think if I ever decided to fall off the wagon for a day...that's the first place I would stop...there or Famous Dave's...or one for lunch, the other for dinner.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #607 of 3,876
Ok, I cook as well. Quite often. We cook almost every day at home but try to make meals that can last couple days. Eat out once or twice a week at the most. Being Polish I can cook Polish food, general European dishes like varies Italian, French etc. typical grilling outside, Mexican as well as some Japanese, Chinese and Thai dishes. We like to mix it up a bit. Wife prefers to have me cook and she cleans up :) I usually cook on the weekends or off days as we eat quite early at 5:30pm with the kids as a family.  

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #608 of 3,876

Quote:
Ok, I cook as well. Quite often. We cook almost every day at home but try to make meals that can last couple days. Eat out once or twice a week at the most. Being Polish I can cook Polish food, general European dishes like varies Italian, French etc. typical grilling outside, Mexican as well as some Japanese, Chinese and Thai dishes. We like to mix it up a bit. Wife prefers to have me cook and she cleans up :) I usually cook on the weekends or off days as we eat quite early at 5:30pm with the kids as a family.  

that's a fantastic deal you have going on there
wink_face.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #609 of 3,876

Quote:
Quote:
Wife prefers to have me cook and she cleans up :) I usually cook on the weekends or off days as we eat quite early at 5:30pm with the kids as a family.  

wink_face.gif

No doubt...I usually end up doing both.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #611 of 3,876
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wife prefers to have me cook and she cleans up :) I usually cook on the weekends or off days as we eat quite early at 5:30pm with the kids as a family.  

wink_face.gif

No doubt...I usually end up doing both.

I'm actually a very 'clean' cook. I clean as I go so the wife does not have that much to clean anyways. Does not hold true the other way around :wink:

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #612 of 3,876

Quote:

I'm actually a very 'clean' cook. I clean as I go so the wife does not have that much to clean anyways. Does not hold true the other way around :wink:

Actually very recognisable; when I cook, I clean during cooking time. When she cooks, it's like there's been a war in the kitchen. So we do our own cleaning after one has cooked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back