how many of you guys cook???
Dec 24, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #556 of 3,876
that's one good looking apple pie Dude

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #557 of 3,876
Again, no pics. I didn't think of it at the time.

For lunch today I made a parmasean and romano cheese rice with some peas, and a piece of tuna, seasoned with lemon pepper and cooked in olive oil and red peppers. all topped with a dabble of soy sauce.

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #558 of 3,876
I'll be making some iced pumpkin cookies this weekend.  Sadly, pumpkins are out of season so I'll have to use the canned stuff they call 'pumpkin puree'.  Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Pictures to follow...
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #560 of 3,876

Quote:
great apple pie

I can only cook pasta and rice 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm told i cook badass rice...and that's about as far as cooking goes for me...well, maybe my ricecooker does just a little bit of the work

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #561 of 3,876
I made a bacon and cheese sandwich.

Two pieces of bread with a ranch/tabasco/BBQ seasoning "sauce".
Jarlsberg.
6 pieces of crispy peppered bacon.
Jalapenos.

All of this fried in the fresh bacon grease (and some butter). Sounds gross at first but oh my...great.

Feel free to try it yourself. XD

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #562 of 3,876
going for the lamb meatballs at new year's eve

minced lamb meat
fresh onion puree
dried chili or cayenne pepper of chili pepper
fresh coriander
fresh parsley
garlic (optional)
salt/pepper

cooked in tomato sauce with dried coriander (katoembar) and Djinton, salt, garlic, onion

Dec 30, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #563 of 3,876
I made the most incredible white chocolate cheesecake for Christmas...to die for. I've always been known for my cheesecake and get lots of requests by family and friends but this one was the best I've done...IMO. Sorry, no pics, but I'm making myself another for my B-Day in January. I'll try to get some then.

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #565 of 3,876

Quote:
I made the most incredible white chocolate cheesecake for Christmas...to die for. I've always been known for my cheesecake and get lots of requests by family and friends but this one was the best I've done...IMO. Sorry, no pics, but I'm making myself another for my B-Day in January. I'll try to get some then.

care to share recipes/techniques?

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #567 of 3,876
Recipe as follows...

White Chocolate Cheesecake

2 pounds cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
6 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
1 11.5oz bag of white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)

Crust

1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
1 1/2 packs of graham crackers, crushed fine

Bring all ingredients to room temp. Cream the cheese and sugar until smooth. Slowly add the eggs and mix (don't over mix, just until incorporated) into cheese mixture. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Add to the cream cheese mix.

Mix the butter and graham crackers together until moist. Press in to the bottom of a straight sided round pan (9 inch) and about 1/3 up the sides. Pour mixture in to the pan. Cover with foil. Bake in a water bath at 350 degrees for 1 hour 30 minutes. When time is done, turn off oven and let the cheese cake sit in the oven until it is cool. Remove and enjoy. I personally like my cheesecake out of the fridge but it is also good at room temp. Your preference.

Quote:
Quote:

care to share recipes/techniques?

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #568 of 3,876
I added some coconut flakes this time to my version of Audiodude's grandmother's banana cookies
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #569 of 3,876
damn, I was to lose some weight this year

nice grokit and arm (want that picture!)

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #570 of 3,876

Ahh...the day after New Years.

Get to be my bachelor self and eat yesterday's meal for lunch,off of a T.V. tray with a can of beer in front of the stereo!
(served red wine yesterday)

If nothing else,try the Oven Fries-they are soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside!

Simple Menu and recipes:

-Beef Rump Roast,cooked pot roast syle in the oven for 5 hours @250F

-The very best Russet Potato Oven Fries.

-Baby Sinach Salad.

-Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake.

Beef Pot Roast Ingredients
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
ground black pepper to taste
3 1/2 pounds rump roast
1/4 cup butter
1/2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry vermouth
Directions
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and black pepper to taste. Dredge the rump roast in the flour and cover evenly. Shake off excess.
In a large pot over medium/high heat, melt the butter and brown the roast on all sides. Place in a 4 quart casserole dish with lid.
In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, mushroom soup, and vermouth or white wine(I also added a small can of beef consomme); pour over roast.
Cover and bake in preheated oven for 3 hours or until desired doneness.
Tossed in some sliced mushrooms and onions for the last hour.
Makes it's own ready to serve gravy for the beef slices too.

Best Oven Fries
1. About 500g Russet potatoes, peeled(I tried with skins on-best to peel)& cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick sticks
2. salt
3. Extra virgin olive oil
1) Cut the potato sticks, and put them into a pot of water(tap water will do) to get rid of extra starch in the potatoes.
2) After soaking for a while, rinse the potatoes & drain well. Return them to the pot with enough water. Add 1/2 tsp salt. Put on stove and bring them to a boil. As soon as it boils, reduce heat & boil for 3 mins. Drain the potatoes well & spread them on a kitchen paper towel to dry. 3) Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celcius. Place the potatoes strips on a large baking sheet. Make sure you do not overcrowd. Sprinkle olive oil generously over them. Gently toss it to mix well with the oil.
4) Put the baking sheet in the hot oven. Roast for 15 mins. Remove baking sheet & turn the fries over & continue to roast for another 15 mins or until well browned & crisp.
5) Remove from oven & immediately sprinkle with salt over the hot wedges & serve immediately.
USE Russet potatoes for best results!

Spinach Salad Ingredients
8 slices bacon
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
1/2cup (125 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
1/4tsp (1 mL) salt
1/4tsp (1 mL) pepper
1bag (600 g) baby spinach, (16 cups/4 L)
1-1/2cups (375 mL) croutons
2cups (500 mL) shredded white cheddar cheese
Preparation:
Cut bacon crosswise into thin strips. In skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel to drain. (Make-ahead: Cover and set aside for up to 1 hour; reheat 1 tsp/5 mL of the bacon fat to continue.)
In heatproof measuring cup, mix garlic with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the hot bacon drippings. Whisk in vinegar; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk in oil, salt and pepper.
Place spinach in large serving bowl. Sprinkle with croutons, bacon and all but 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the cheese; toss with dressing. Garnish with remaining cheese

Dang I wanted to put these in a scrolling box but
Code:
text
doesn't work in BB here!
The pic sux-using a cell camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back