how many of you guys cook???
Dec 30, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #3,856 of 3,876
Damn, I am not near the level of you guys here…but we did get a set of Stainless All Clad d5 for Christmas….looking to up our level of cooking.

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #3,858 of 3,876
Here is an Thai/Indian crossover: veg: (cauliflower, peppers, snow peas, carrots, onions, celery, shiitakes, garlic; chicken thigh/breast, rice noodles, curry (powder & paste), tumeric, sambar, cumin, cardamon, coriander, ginger, fenugreek, sambal olek

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #3,859 of 3,876
Here is a chicken (always dark side up) and some mixed grilled veggies:

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #3,860 of 3,876
Christmas Dinner:

Lasagna: home made bolognese including sweet sausage, ground lamb, beef shank w/ bone and marrow; 2 large quartered carrots (for sweetness w/o using white sugar - remove when done), fresh basil & thyme, onions, garlic - 2 gallons total.

NO ricotta - instead bechemel much tastier and more coherent flavor (really), short of time so store bought lasagna, hand grated parmesan and romano.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 18, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #3,862 of 3,876
home made bolognese including sweet sausage, ground lamb, beef shank w/ bone and marrow;
Nice! My grandfather, who was from Palermo Sicily, used to make homemade succo. He would add oxtails to his sauce, bone in. I didnt like it as a little boy, but I have a feeling that I'd feel differently about it as an adult.

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #3,864 of 3,876
Hey guys...just wanted to add to the thread. I've been married to the same woman for 24 years. When I met my wife she told me on our first hookup that she doesn't cook. I told her that I love to cook and 5 years after that I asked her to marry me. She's happy and always let's me know how she appreciates the fact that I cook for us. Obviously I didn't marry her for her cooking but I enjoy cooking even more now with every recipe imaginable to be found on the internet. I now have two great hobbies...audio and cooking. Happy wife, happy life.:)

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #3,869 of 3,876
Is that 75C oven temperature or meat temperature?

he said meat temp at 60C :) so 75c is oven

i love cooking. another hobby of mine

That is true, I think he meant 175C lol

Edited...actually about 85C (more likely around 90C). C, not F.

If it was 175C the whole roast would overcook and I'd have a thicker grey zone.

Is it really possible to roast meat at 75C? Surely you need a much hotter temperature
https://www.foodsafety.gov/food-safety-charts/meat-poultry-charts

85C. Well over 4hrs. After the exterior was seared.

It's kind of like wrapping it in plastic and then dunking it in 85C water for 3hrs, and then searing it. Except I didn't have a water pump infinitely running water through a heating element.

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #3,870 of 3,876
Have you tried a sous vide on the prime rib?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back