how many of you guys cook???
Sep 25, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #3,781 of 3,876
well ill get my next creation up.

Sep 26, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #3,782 of 3,876
I think I need to be paying more attention to this thread. Anyone have good low-carb vegetarian meals?

Hyashi Chuka (cold ramen salad)

Dressing: (drizzle some over, can be enough for 10 servings; make as much as you want ahead of time and keep in fridge but shake before using)
150ml soy sauce
25ml sesame oil
5ml black vinegar
5ml fish sauce
2tbsp sugar

Salad:
100g ramen or somen noodles, boiled then dunked in ice water to stop cookin
1/2 zucchini, finely julienned
1 small carrot, finely julienned, blanched before you dunk the (very alkaline) noodles
2 shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated, finely julienned
2 slices tofu-based ham
2 tbsp Bean sprouts, blanched
1 egg, poahced (easy one pot dinner procedure: dunk in boiling noodle water for 1min 30secs, then into ice water)
Optional (non-vegetarian) : Use actual ham with faux crab (blanched or steamed and finely julienned) or real crab meat (steamed)

1. Place noodles on a bowl with a wider rim
2. Drizzle a little dressing
3. Assemble all other ingredients around the noodles, then the egg on top
4. Drizzle a little bit of dressing
5. Break yolk and mix

Also look up - Bibimnangmyeon and Bibimguksu

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #3,783 of 3,876
44112027_10217586731038633_6660102762526670848_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo_wgyHl-Ky/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

1/3lb beef patty, probolone cheese, thick cut bacon, caramelized onions, and egg

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #3,785 of 3,876

I like cooking. I can cook almost everything except for bakery products, the only thing I can't deal with. I've attached the video with a recipe of my favorite steak. Strongly recommend to everyone!
Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with my kitchen now... These little ants occupied it and it's very difficult to get rid of them. We already had such a problem and the only solution that really worked is washing everything with water and vinegar.

Nov 1, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #3,786 of 3,876
I can't believe it took me so long to find this thread! I've been lurking here for quite some time but most of the threads I read come via email subscription and are related to the various audio products I own (or would like to). I look forward to reading this entire thread. Have a great day guys.

Nov 1, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #3,787 of 3,876
Here are some pics of a few of my dishes, with short explanations:

Pime rib roast, with home made rub, smoked, and served with bacon grease-infused carrots, green beans, and asparagus...

food1.jpg

Home made tortillas, served with my own pico de gallo recipe, and home made cochinita pibil
food2.jpg

food3.jpg

This is my cochinita pibil before being cooked, and THEN served over rice

food4.jpg

food5.jpg

Pork griot (Haitian pork dish)
Marinated the meat overnight.

food6.jpg

Then steam cooked pork, separated from the juice.

food7.jpg

Cook a sauce with the pork-infused juices

food8.jpg

Fry the pork, then serve over brown rice (and pour sauce over the meat and rice).

food9.jpg

This is my board while preparing the epis, which is a Haitian "pesto" (sort of). I use a couple scoops of the epis along with other ingredients for the marinate (first picture in this spoiler section).

food51.jpg

food91.jpg

Spare rib rack, with rib tips oven cooked after being slathered/glazed with my home made rub and BBQ sauce, over a bed of onions and garlic.
Meanwhile, I smoke the (St. Louis) rack of the ribs in the barbecue.

The rib tips (before cooking)
food92.jpg

Rib tips, cooked and served.
food93.jpg

Smoked spare ribs with the rib tips.
food94.jpg

Another pick, of one of the ribs from that cook:

food98.jpg

Pork butt (boneless), again rubbed with my own ingredients, then smoked for 6 hours, pulled and served with bread and another one of my barbecue sauces.

During the smoke:

food95.jpg

After it's done being smoked:

food96.jpg

The final product:

food97.jpg

OK, so then, one day, I decided to make chili. This is A) the juice and some remaining pork bits from my cochinita pibil. I put the spicy, flavorful juice into a pan, then cooked a couple racks of ribs over the pan.
B) All the fat, fixin's, rub, and juices from the ribs (and smoke flavor) dripped into the pan.
C) Then, I cut up a fully cooked rack of babyback ribs, placed the meat AND the bones into the pan. Added kidney beans, and boston beans, some fennel, hot sauce mixes, and other ingredients, then cooked it for another hour.

food99.jpg

This turned out to be some of the best darned chili I have ever had in my entire life.

food991.jpg

I also make salads (American and Asian styles); corn bread; banana bread(s); amazing baked potato recipes cooked/infused with caramelized onions and minced garlic; killer french toast; macaroni and (four cheeses) cheese; my own marinara and meatballs for spaghetti; home made tuna fish sandwiches using my own spicy mustard recipe with tons of herbs and other "things" cooked together; jalapeno poppers; smoked tomato soup; cracklins; chitlins; beef brisket; and 6 different sauces to enhance the fresh experience of any type of dish I prepare. I also make different sauces that are malty, or spicy, depending on what my friends prefer. A couple of my friends can't eat spicy food, so I will make a malty and/or mild sauce to go with their ribs, etc...

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #3,788 of 3,876
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
45033990_10217689413925641_29738937673056256_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpg7aCrlCDW/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Galbijjim - short rib stewed in beef stock, soy sauce, and then syrup or sugar are added near the end. This is typically braised until the sauce evaporates a lot more but the beef tenderized before then, otherwise if I add enough liquid to cover it would be ready in four hours (over medium low) and slightly dry also. Result was better than expected though as we could pour the rich sauce over the rice, and I have enough left over that I reused to cook cured beef strips and then season the fried rice that we had with that.

Chinese and Philippine versions typically use brisket, with a drier consistency (latter version uses cornstarch as well as a specific type of brown sugar that thickens and sweetens the sauce).

Jan 2, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #3,795 of 3,876
Now that looks guuuuud

Pat skin dry, salt and pepper. Four hours at 80C, 45mins at 125C, 15mins at 175C...stopping every hour to brush with bacon fat so the skin dries out (ie just the water goes) without blistering. Sprinkle any dry rub all along the meat but not the skin.

Process would be quicker if you salt the skin overnight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back