how many of you guys cook???
Jan 11, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #2,642 of 3,876
I hear (and read as well) that Paleo Dishes can be very delicious. How long have you been cooking exclusively Paleo dishes? I'd like to venture there.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2,643 of 3,876
  I hear (and read as well) that Paleo Dishes can be very delicious. 

Sure they are. There's not that much difference in Paleo from a regular SAD diet. You just omit the sugars and grains/starchy carbs. Paleo is easy, delicious, and IMO, a very healthy and sustainable way to eat. Between Paleo and exercise, I've lost 80 pounds this past year.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #2,644 of 3,876
Take two packets of some MSG filled goodness

Put them in a bowl

Get your delicious sauces and seasoning.. and MSG

Fill with boiling water

Strain, put stuff on top, stir.

Eat, feel sorry for yourself afterwards. Amazing!

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #2,647 of 3,876

Choux puffs with matcha shortbread crunchy coating.  Filled with vanilla pastry cream.

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2,650 of 3,876

Went on a birthday trip down to Wellington,NZ (you know,where they make the Hobbit,LOTR etc.)and to a reastaurant called The Larder.
The guy there there uses all things I otherwise wouldn't even look at and it s worth showing here.
Tripe with chickpeas and chorizo,calve's liver and tongue and pig tail.
Pretty sure you can figure out for yourself which is which!

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #2,653 of 3,876
  Getting some weekday Q in.  Smoking brisket chunks with cherry, pecan, and hickory.  Rendering fat and juices into baked beans.  5 hours till nom nom nom.

What a coincidence, I slow-cooked a brisket en papillote (aluminum, to be precise, not paper) the other day! I first used a huge load of charcoal to sear a porterhouse, then when it was done, I seared the dry-rubbed brisket bricks and then wrapped them in aluminum foil (more like a pouch, but closed) with some BBQ sauce on an came back for them a few hours later. Pulled them apart by hand after cooling and I still have a bit of the meat for my sandwich today.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back