how many of you guys cook???
Apr 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #2,237 of 3,876
Baked wild salmon salad with Dave's Killer organic toast points. The greens are arugula and spinach, the cheese is goat feta.

I baked the fish on parchment so all there was to wash was a fork.

I didn't really wash it, I just licked it off 
tongue.gif

May 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2,238 of 3,876
Stir-fry of baby bok choy, broccolini, red onions and a side of quinoa and cherry tomato salad.

May 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #2,242 of 3,876
I didn't make this but I ate this. Does anyone have a recipe for Shanghai Chicken? It is made with chicken white meat, hot chili oil, pine nuts. The chopped green vegetables are leaves of the Chinese broccoli (so I was told by the waitress) which are deep fried. You toss the whole thing together before chowing down. I love this dish.

May 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #2,243 of 3,876
Spring is drawing to a close and after the Maple Sap run early on,we have Fiddlehead Ferns,another delicacy.
Carnival season is here too,so I made a couple of circus sized Smoked Turkey Legs for lunch.

I steam my Fiddleheads,then saute in a pan with some grape seed oil,sliced shallots,salt and pepper.
They taste a bit like rapini if steamed and asparagus if boiled and then sauteed.

Smoked Turkey Legs were reheated in a pan with rack and water to cover the bottom.
Covered with foil and placed in a 250F oven for two hours,turning half way and recovered with the foil.

May 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #2,244 of 3,876
That looks sooooooooooo healthy and sooooooooo goooooooood!

May 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #2,245 of 3,876
Yes,Fiddlhead Ferns are very healthy to eat.
A non marine source of Omega 3 & 6 and Vitamin C.
Very popular on the east side of Canada,some people find them gross looking.

The Turkey Legs were hickory smoked,the light from above was poor this morning and doesn't show the rich colored skin.
I picked those up at Walmart Supercenter,Niagara Falls NY, for $10.68, they are prepared by http://www.frickmeats.com/
If you reheat as detailed above,keeps them moist and dang,are they ever good !

May 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #2,246 of 3,876
Quote:
Yes,Fiddlhead Ferns are very healthy to eat.
A non marine source of Omega 3 & 6 and Vitamin C.
Very popular on the east side of Canada,some people find them gross looking.

The Turkey Legs were hickory smoked,the light from above was poor this morning and doesn't show the rich colored skin.
I picked those up at Walmart Supercenter,Niagara Falls NY, for $10.68, they are prepared by http://www.frickmeats.com/
If you reheat as detailed above,keeps them moist and dang,are they ever good !

Disney!!!

May 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #2,248 of 3,876
Quote:

Those fiddleheads look great, and bring back memories...

And I will have to hunt me down some turkey legs @ Costco!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back