how many of you guys cook???
Apr 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2,221 of 3,876
I love chicken adobo. My father used to make it all the time. But now that he's gone, I can't seem to get the soy, vinegar, garlic ratio to where it tasted like his dish. What is your recipe, if you don't mind me asking?

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #2,222 of 3,876
Okay. The ribs turned out fantastic. And in all of its sticky, smoky
glory.

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #2,223 of 3,876
Quote:
I love chicken adobo. My father used to make it all the time. But now that he's gone, I can't seem to get the soy, vinegar, garlic ratio to where it tasted like his dish. What is your recipe, if you don't mind me asking?

It's really my friend's recipe slightly tweaked. but I'll take credit for it if you end up liking it. :)

For ~4-5 lb of chicken thighs (I keep the skin and bones) I like to put in equal parts soy sauce and white vinegar. In this case ~1/2 a cup each. You can use different kinds of vinegar too (apple cider vinegar is pretty good). I usually put in 4 cloves of garlic, 4 bay leaves, and a decent amount of ground black pepper (about a teaspoon).

I put all of this in a big pot and let it marinate for a few hours (longer would be nice but I'm disorganized and impatient). Afterwards just bring it to a boil and let simmer for about an hour (stir occasionally). Serve with rice and enjoy. :)

Disclaimer: My friend likes to add sugar (he puts in more sugar then pepper) and water down the soy sauce/vinegar mixture (I think he adds ~1/2 a cup of water?) but I'm a big fan of salt and vinegar, and not a fan of sweets, so I took those out. So if you like vinegar based bbq sauce and salt and vinegar chips, try my recipie, otherwise you'll probably want to add some sugar and water.

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #2,224 of 3,876
Last night while I was in Corpus Christi on a band trip, I made polska kielbasa With baby carrots braised in apple juice. Mmmm.

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,225 of 3,876

Not pretty but so good. Haven't had a hotdog in a year.

Try it. Spread mayo on the bun, and cover in your favorite tortilla chips, then top with the dog and your favorite salsa- - you won't be disappointed.

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2,227 of 3,876
Appetizer, soup, and then the beef.

biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2,228 of 3,876
Of course I forget to take the picture, but for Dinner tonight I made:

1. Serloin steak, broiled in the oven - medium rare delishious
2. Mixed greens pear salad with candied walnuts/cranberries, and topped with a white balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
3. Garlic bread

Only took 25 minutes. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #2,229 of 3,876
^ That sounds like the perfect >25 min. meal. :) Yummy!

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,230 of 3,876

Heres that Kielbasa+carrots+applejuice

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #2,233 of 3,876
Us 15 year old boys just chopped up some baby carrots, sliced some kielbasa, and put it in a frying pan. Put some apple juice in it to braise it.

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #2,235 of 3,876
Brisket is time/fuel consuming and next to beef ribs,one of my all time favorites.
I'm not in a place where I can readily fire up my smoker,sure miss the practice of prep and smoking meats.

Nothing draws people together like the smell of charcoal and wood,with some food on a grate...
Looking forward travelling to my sister's place and firing up my cookers for the May weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back