How many hours/week do you guys listen to music?
Feb 12, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #17 of 86
Hmmm...about 1 hour in car traveling to-from school, then about 2 hours a day at home while playing xbox/doing homework.
Plus an hour a day of random driving around.

So...about 28 hours a week?

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #18 of 86
0.25 hours on the walk home from school everyday

constant music from when I get home at 3 till when I go to bed at 12 or 1 (depends how I feel).

1 day = 9.25-10.25 hours a day

1 week(not including weekends) = 46.25 - 51.25 hours a week.

redface.gif
I just realized how much I listen to music.

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #19 of 86
About 14 hours a week since I got the HD580/XP-7 combo. Knew I'd have to spend quite a bit of time indoors this winter, nothing like being well prepared.

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 86
According to last.fm (the best gauge I've got), about 35-40/week. But, that's also because I have the player going while at the work desk.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #24 of 86
5-6 hrs on average a week, mostly at work between meetings and ceaseless phone calls. Tops. Listening is done mostly w/ my underutilized Zune 80 and SE530s; hardly ever use my Dynavectored Rega/McIntosh/Thiels home rig these days, though the little Paradigm-based setup in the workshop gets run once and a long while (most of the time the NAD tuner's on some static-charged AM talk radio station, though, but I'll still wind up the Yammy PF-800 and spin a disc or two...could use a new belt, though). Lately, hardly ever use cans @ home, except when gaming (such a sad demise for a set of HD650 w/ Equinox cables..tsk).

Nowadays I'd rather go out in the Porsche on the lookout for autocross events and track days, and gleefully contribute to global warming at high rates of speed and even higher rates of octane consumption for my relaxation. Sans music (easy to do since I took out the stereo--dead weight, you know), except for that mechanical symphony from a flat-6.

Still it's interesting to read how others grab their music enjoyment time, even as I become so dreadfully lousy at it.

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #25 of 86
At the moment about 40 - 60 hours a week. However, only about 25% of that is truly for pleasure.

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #27 of 86
While finishing writing a book recently I would say 60 to 70 hours a week.

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #28 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the moment about 40 - 60 hours a week. However, only about 25% of that is truly for pleasure.

That was going to be my answer, except I'd say that all my music listening is for pleasure, but I think I know what you mean. Roughly a quarter of my time is "serious" listening.
I usually get in a good two to three hours every night I work, plus another few around the house doing random stuff, or at the computer, in the car, whatever. Add a couple hours a night in bed (the serious listening). I also listen while having my 1+ hour relaxation time in the bath tub
biggrin.gif
, and that happens at least a few times a week. So yeah, 40-60 would be average, sometimes less, sometimes more.

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #29 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

25% for pleasure, 75% for pain?

BTW I listen to music about 20 hours a week. For pleasure, that is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back