How many hours/week do you guys listen to music?
Feb 13, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #61 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by cactus_farmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I'm shocked by some of these figures...

...and how come everyone seems to listen at work!? Don't you have to actually concentrate on your work/talk to your coworkers or work mates?

I generally listen to an album a day...

what kind of job can it be?
no phone call?

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #62 of 86
I put my headphones in (ETY) all day at work, and then listen for pleasure several nights a week. So I probably top out at about 50-60 hours a week. Unless I am testing equipment (which) I usualy am, then it is more.

Cheers,

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #64 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what kind of job can it be?
no phone call?

Hah, well I'm at university training to be a dentist - I can't imagine they'd be allowed to listen to music while working - but really, whatever job you're doing - don't you need to devote your full concentration to it? Then, obviously, when you get free time, devote your full attention to your music.

But maybe I'm simply a typical non-multi-task compatible male...

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #65 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by cactus_farmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hah, well I'm at university training to be a dentist - I can't imagine they'd be allowed to listen to music while working - but really, whatever job you're doing - don't you need to devote your full concentration to it? Then, obviously, when you get free time, devote your full attention to your music.

But maybe I'm simply a typical non-multi-task compatible male...

I spend around 1~2 hours a day on the phone at work and another hour or so talking to co-workers. The rest of the time I am at the computer working on/testing/fixing systems (I am a Sr. Software Support Engineer). So that leaves me with 5~6 hours a day listening to music. I have no trouble concentrating and listening at the same time. In fact it allows me to block out everything else going on in the office and increases my focus on what I am doing.

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #66 of 86
Yeah, depends on how much work you’ve got to do..
In the holidays, it’s 14 hours a day, at the moment, it’s 14 hours a week, unfortunately.. Sometimes, I do have more time at the weekends at least.
smily_headphones1.gif
Average, I’d say 30-40 a week.

Feb 15, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #67 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by lim(x->0) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It varies for me. Sometimes it's less than 2 hours/week other times its 2 hours everyday.... how about you?

Yes, my hours keep varying like that. However, I think I just don't spend enough time listening to music. Sometimes, I don't understand what I actually spend time on!
confused.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #70 of 86
i listen basically whenever i'm at home... plus some portable listening that varies btw 0 to 4 hours a day...

~20 hours... a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back