How many hours do you sleep per night?
Apr 18, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #61 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I increased my sleep from an average of 5 hours to an average of 7 hours I feel much less distracted in my thoughts nowadays.

What do you mean by that? You don't think as much during the day or your thoughts are less distracted? I've woken up from naps that leave me more tired than rested =T

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #65 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't die from a lack of sleep...trust me.

"One of the possible side effects of a continued lack of sleep is death. Usually this is the result of the fact that the immune system is weakened without sleep. The number of white blood cells within the body decreases, as does the activity of the remaining white blood cells. The body also decreases the amount of growth hormone produced. The ability of the body to metabolize sugar declines, turning sugar into fat. One study stated that people who sleep less than four hours per night are three times more likely to die within the next six years" - http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur...b3/Ledoux.html

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. Interesting read none the less.
redface.gif

Possédé

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #66 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"One of the possible side effects of a continued lack of sleep is death. Usually this is the result of the fact that the immune system is weakened without sleep. The number of white blood cells within the body decreases, as does the activity of the remaining white blood cells. The body also decreases the amount of growth hormone produced. The ability of the body to metabolize sugar declines, turning sugar into fat. One study stated that people who sleep less than four hours per night are three times more likely to die within the next six years" - http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur...b3/Ledoux.html

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. Interesting read none the less.
redface.gif

Possédé

Well, I'm still kickin' and I'm not slowing down anytime soon. Sleep is a waste of time...IMO, of course.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #67 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm still kickin' and I'm not slowing down anytime soon. Sleep is a waste of time...IMO, of course.

i agree. sleep is a waste of time. if there was a pill that i could take so that i didn't have to sleep, without any side effects, i'd be all over it!

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #68 of 84
Variable 4 to 8. Last night was about 3.5 though. Was playing too many video games
plainface.gif

May 14, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #70 of 84
During the work week, probably about 7 hours of sleep. Less if I am particularly addicted to a video game at that time. On the weekends, I'll get around 10 hours per night.

May 14, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #72 of 84
Weekdays I'll sleep roughly 7 hours, in the weekend usually an hour longer. Once every 2 or 3 weeks I'll sleep 12-14 hours. Sleeping is a bit of a waste of time, though with less I'll be cranky and tired.

May 14, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #74 of 84
This wasn't the case when I was 18-24, but nowadays the four-hours-per-night me is a very different person from the seven-hours-per-night me. Getting very little sleep almost puts me in a perpetual dream state, where reason begins to deteriorate and really odd thinking flourishes. I have pulled all nighters at 26 (the kind where you write papers) and the following mornings were like walking right into a dream. It's always been interesting to me how tenuous our hold on normal reality and behavior is. I will assume that the well rested me is the real me, but somewhere in there lies the evil Agent Cooper.

May 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #75 of 84
I sleep 10+ every night. I feel like crap if I don't get that much; I am in trouble in a year when I have to work all the time rotating through the hospital. I will probably die, or quit med school
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back