Electrostatic I
Stax Gamma

Nov 13, 2002 at 2:58 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
JaZZ, just having fun with you...

Scott, that's how I understood it...
tongue.gif

Btw: good luck (also with your wife), and sorry for your wallet!

Nov 13, 2002 at 3:09 PM Post #48 of 56
Well the 280's are my b-day present. Maybe shoot for a pair of 580's for home use.

Nov 13, 2002 at 4:38 PM Post #49 of 56
I've noticed more than a few Head-Fi people mention their wives in the context of spending money. I don't have a wife myself, but I can see how this might become a problem. Perhaps a Head-Fi counseling service is in order. Or, at the least, some strategies to make the wife more amenable to audio-related purchases. And if not amenable, then at the very least distracted. There are options, some involving money, while some just require creativity and a honeyed tongue. Why, just before you decide to shell out 800 bucks for a new pair of W2002s, you could choose a gift for the wife. Better yet, take her shopping and help her pick something herself. No doubt this would make your hobby even more expensive, but perhaps marital bliss is worth it. Hmmm...ok, so you don't want to spend _more_ money? Then I suggest you work on your flattery skills.

- just a random series of metal meanderings. don't mind me.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 8:17 PM Post #50 of 56
To a normal person I am off the charts with the three I mentioned earlier. When normal people found that I paid $450 for some RS-1's they thought I was a raving lunatic. I thought it was a GREAT price. Here on this board I feel normal compared to others. I guess thats why I come here.
10 pairs of headphones is excessive, but I say that because I am jealous. It would be nice to have all those options. I always say there are worse things to be addicted to!! doug

Nov 13, 2002 at 8:46 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by dkm24
10 pairs of headphones is excessive, but I say that because I am jealous. It would be nice to have all those options. I always say there are worse things to be addicted to!! doug

Ten pairs excessive! No way
biggrin.gif
It's like owning ten shirts or ten pairs of pants. It's always great to have options.

Think of it another way--it's like having a deep bullpen. If the closer falters, it's good to know you have a good number two guy who can come in and save the day. . . .

Nov 13, 2002 at 10:07 PM Post #52 of 56
marraige must suck :p
well, if you wanna go all out, just tell him/her that
a) its SAVE money in the long run, cause they arent as likely to break as cheap headphones
b) if you wore something on your ears 6 hours a day, dont you want it to sound good and be comfortable?
c) do it behind their back, never tell them the price.
d) get them into it too.

biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #53 of 56
That is the reason that I am still SINGLE!!! When I told my friend I spend $800US on W2002, they think I must be crazy. However, I enjoy to be a Head-Fier with a empty wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 11:28 PM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
When I told my friend I spend $800US on W2002, they think I must be crazy.

hahah, yeah that's typical. my friends think spending only $50 on headphones is crazy..we're all insane aren't we
tongue.gif
?

Nov 13, 2002 at 11:42 PM Post #55 of 56
I think the quote from my wife was "You want to spend HOW much on headphones, but they're JUST headphones"

Nov 14, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by dkm24
Here on this board I feel normal compared to others. I guess thats why I come here.

Doug,

Is that a misery loves company reply, or does it make you feel better to come here after spending $450 on headphones, only to read someone else spent $3000+ on their Sony R10s??
biggrin.gif

Jessica,

Marriage doesn't suck, it's just difficult at times when one person is really in to something and the other could care less. I think your option 4 is the best, but most costly!!! My wife seems to be better a telling good headphones apart, and every time she listens to my Senn 600's she says they sounded muted in the midrange!! Pretty good methinks!! So now she is encouraging me to buy something better. Translation: more expensive.
tongue.gif
WOOHOO!! Blank check!

FCJ,

Good analogy with the bullpen! Some times we need a different pair of cans to match better to the music we are listening too. Especially those with eccelctic tastes in music. Let's say there should be a 3 headphone minimum for each of us!! It would make it easier on the wives as it is a requirement to join the Head-Fi "Elite" club!!!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back