How many DVDs do you own?
Jul 25, 2005 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ampgalore

Headphoneus Supremus
I own about 30 DVDs. Used to own a lot more, but have since sold off most of them. Instead of movies, I am now more into collecting TV series, like Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc.

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 22
I just can't get into DVD collecting. It's not like music where you can enjoy listening AND other things. You have to just watch the movie. Also, I find for most movies, I don't want to watch them over and over so it doesn't make sense to buy them.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 22
I recently sold about 60 of my DVD movies to Blockbuster Video when I realized I would never likely actually want to see any of them again. I kept about 30 animated ( Shrek, Antz, etc ), National Geographic/wildlife,(sharks, volcanos, etc), cult (Crumb, Reefer Madness, etc.), and action (Terminator, Indiana Jones, etc) as well as all my 70 or so music DVD's. So I have about 100 left in total.

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 22
Around 10. I used to download a lot of movies, but I don't anymore. I get bored watching movies, I have trouble sitting still for 2 hours and always need to be doing multiple things.

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 22
Only a few. Mainly because I rarely watch a movie more than once. Maybe I should do the netflix thing . . nah. Already low on cash from gamerang.
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #9 of 22
I used to be really into movies and collecting DVDs, but then I started listening to music and needed to save all of my money for new music and equipment. When I stopped frequently purchasing DVDs I had about ninety, and since then I might have obtained (through both actively buying and receiving as gifts) as many as ten new discs, so maybe as high as 100.

I voted 50-100.

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 22
I've been buying dvds regularly since 97. I've got several hundred, in sleeves in drawer boxes. I buy movies rather than rent them on the off chance that a friend may want to see it, or on the more likely occassion that I'll watch it agian, or my kids will.

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Well over a 100 legally purchased ones.
wink.gif

Do DVD box sets count as one? or do the individual dics count as one each? Not to mention the multi disc special editions, like the LOTR extended editions.

-Ed

Each disc counts as one title, just to give you a break.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back