How many DAPs do you have?
Mar 6, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #16 of 165
Right now I have three active ones, which are in my sig. Whenever I get to the point where an old DAP is not really used anymore, I try to sell it or I do the "trickle down" effect to my kids.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #18 of 165
I have too many (though apparently not as many as some!):

2 iPod 4th gen (20gb monochrome, 60gb Photo) - I plan on using these for diyMods.
32gb Cowon S9 - this is the player I use on a daily basis
Blackberry Bold - I bought this to replace my stolen iPhone, but have since relegated DAP duties to the Cowon.
Samsung YP-K5 - shorted headphone jack and no longer in use.

I may have left out one or two, but these are what I can think of off the top of my head. I have given away several more to family members.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #19 of 165
I think I have a problem...

4 Apples (not including iPhone)
5 Sonys
9 Sandisk Sansas
5 iRivers
3 Creatives
2 Slackers
14 assorted brands

I'm not including CD/MP3 players.
In my defense, I have almost all the players I have ever bought. I gave away my first, RaveMP3. I wish I still had it!

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #20 of 165
1 iPod Touch 3G 60GB
3 SanDisk Clips 1G 1/4/8GB
3 iPod 5G/5.5G 30GB/60GB/160GB

Now if I could only find any of them...

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #21 of 165
One. A Creative 8 gb something or other. I don't understand why someone would need more than two with one as a backup until the other one was replaced/repaired.

Wait, let me guess, they all sound different?

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #22 of 165
Old:
iPod Classic 4th gen, 20 gig
iPod Nano 1st gen, 2 gig
iPod Nano 4th gen, 16 gig
A few other random cheap daps
[Note: Before Head-fi ^]

Current:
Cowon D2+, 16 gig + 32 gig SD card
Still procrastinating about a s:flo2 :S
[Note: After finding Head-fi ^]

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #23 of 165
I currently have 3 in my possession and one on the way.
1 ipod 5th 30gb - main portable rig and car stereo
1 clip 2gb - backup when the ipod fails or when my moms clip dies
1 samsung jack - phone only include in the list because it can play wav
1 imod 5.5 120gb - on route to my house, it will be my main portable rig when it gets here

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #24 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadcykler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One. A Creative 8 gb something or other. I don't understand why someone would need more than two with one as a backup until the other one was replaced/repaired.

Wait, let me guess, they all sound different?

One PMP, one music-only device for workouts and one old / backup / play around with Rockbox device.

And yes, they all sound different. But that's OK because I have different cans and amps to make things even more confusing.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #25 of 165
Question, why do you guys keep so many DAPs? I'm not saying anything is wrong with it, I actually like the idea and only sell for extra money... but why not sell the ones you aren't using for money?

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #26 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... but why not sell the ones you aren't using for money?

I'm to lazy to find someone who wants to buy 'em and to figure out how much to sell them for :S

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #27 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm to lazy to find someone who wants to buy 'em and to figure out how much to sell them for :S

Haha just look at the For Sale sections and do whatever... Ionno just think of a good number and see what happens. I have sold everything I've ever sold audio wise on the FS forums here and haven't had a problem yet
smily_headphones1.gif
*Knocks on wood*

For the most part everyone here is friendly, communicates somewhat quickly, and pretty cool. IMO I wish more people were like the people on these boards haha.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #29 of 165
Currently, a mere three in active use (touch, nano 4th generation, clip+), and one for burn-in purposes (nano 2nd generation). I am resisting the urge to go down the over-DAP path and get the S9.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #30 of 165
i have only one. a 30gig ipod video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back