how many cd's do you own?
Jun 1, 2003 at 8:14 AM Post #31 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
But then, what good is music without an Orpheus?

If I had to choose between keeping my CDs and keeping my system, I'd keep the CDs
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd be much happier with a portable CDP, a pair of KSC-35, and my current CD collection, than with my current system and no CDs
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2003 at 3:45 PM Post #32 of 68
Today's count according to my Excel file is 2268 store-bought.

CDR copies add probably another 200.

No mp3's. Don't like 'em.

DVD's currently stand at 494.

I burn copies of my CD's to listen to in the car rather than taking the originals on the road.

Jun 1, 2003 at 7:31 PM Post #33 of 68
Originally posted by Lindy
Today's count according to my Excel file is 2268 store-bought.

--I have well over 2,000 myself: I *SHOULD* do an Excel or Access product to track them, but I have been too lazy. My collection surges when I get near a used cd store. I sometimes buy them by the dozen that way. Especially after someone points out a cool lesser- known group or a must-have cd.
I do use kazaa, limewire, and win mx also for custom car mixes. I also like trying out music first. I have gotten rid of probably 300 cd's in the past that had *ONE* good tune on the whole cd. This mp3 kick is great tool for deciding if I spend or not.

Jun 1, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #34 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
I own a burner but have never burned any music off the net. Only cd to cd. Out of my 1000 cd's only around twenty are burned cd's.

Well.

I do burn and the quality is not that bad at all.
Thou my brother has the ears of the family, I'll ask him.
I just burned 3 CD's of the Buena Vista Social Club for him
idea.gif

Peter.

Jun 1, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #35 of 68
why do people keep saying things like "no cdr copies from the net" and stuff like that?

Are you folks aware of what kind of cdr's i have? Click on my www link to get an idea....

Jun 1, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #37 of 68
I have around 300 CDs of which approximately 1 dozen are burned. As 30plus mentioned, I can't tell you how many CDs I have that I actually only like one or two songs. I must admit though with my recent HeadRoom Supreme purchase coupled with my 600's I'm looking forward to listening to every single CD completely through.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2003 at 12:15 AM Post #38 of 68
too many to count! i attempted to make a database of all my stuff, but gave up after a week. anyways, i'm estimating about 1000, more or less. add another 200+ for live CDR recordings, mostly from trades with other CDR traders.

gloco, i understand what you mean by CDRs, cos i do the same thing.

cheers.

Jun 2, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #39 of 68
1200 or so. Last count in 1998 was I think 950. I have since bought with much less frequency, but I tend to binge buy. I got 96 when I went to Japan. I tend to get 10+ CDs at a time (most always used) and I just ordered 40 from a German label... waiting for those now.

Jun 2, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #40 of 68
About 330, all in tyvek sleeves, neatly filed in alphabetical order in a small cabinet in my bedroom, where the rest of my listening gear is located.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #42 of 68
Quote:

why do people keep saying things like "no cdr copies from the net" and stuff like that?

Is recording shows legal?

Jun 2, 2003 at 5:41 AM Post #45 of 68
CD's? Don't know really. Maybe 1,200 or 1,300. Double that if you count taped shows (with permission of copyright holder). Maybe 4,000 LP's. And the only thing I've actually databased are DVD's, which are fast closing on 1,900. Oh yeah, in a year and a half of collecting them I've amassed perhaps 20 SACD's
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back