How long do you plan to keep your amps?
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sokolov91, for what it is worth, I just spent two afternoons in Mongkok, Hong Kong auditioning the Corda 3Move, Pico and RSA Shadow. I was using my Triple-fi's as well as the W3s and UM3xs (which I was also auditioning).

Both the 3Move and the Pico bettered the Shadow IMHO. I can also tell you that at Kingsound Audio in Hong Kong, there was no doubt in their minds that the tiny matchbox Shadow could not keep pace with the 3Move (and I suspect that they can earn more from selling an expensive RSA amp.)

Jan also confirmed to me in an email that the STEPDANCE will outperform the 3Move with IEMs - and this man I happen to trust.

Be patient, my friend! Just another month or so...

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences! Especially since I use the TF10 too! If you buy one right away, you will definitely get it before me. Start a thread or shoot a PM my way when you get it and let us know your impressions!

Thanks

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #47 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see this as an issue. Technology is ever evolving so everything becomes disposable at some point. If it makes you happy in the interim, then you are all set. Eventually things like the Predator, the Tomahawk and the Shadow will be old news and something smaller and better will come along as their battery packs die. Don't count out eBay for providing any and everything needed for a retro fit. I say just enjoy what you have and let time predict the future. No need in thinking "what if in ten years". Make the most out of what you have now.

I see what your saying and I agree that technology does continue to improve but that doesn't mean that we have to move on or that the amps we have now are not worthy for a spot on the shelf.

I just bought my very first set of >$30 headphones (dt 770s) and my first portable amp, I don't think I will ever get rid of them. The way I see it, If a piece of equipment is worth me buying it in the first place them its worth me keeping it. (Unless I don't like it lol)

That type of throw away attitude which you show in your post is extremely detrimental to our planet. Just because we have the ability to continually move on to the next best thing doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #48 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRookie52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That type of throw away attitude which you show in your post is extremely detrimental to our planet. Just because we have the ability to continually move on to the next best thing doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

But what is technically wrong with that? I understand and also think that just because something works, that doesn't mean you should just throw it away. If I went and bought a new computer right now I wouldn't just throw my old one away even though I might not use it.....

I would either sell it or try to find some use for it (maybe for on the road or to coffee shops or something.) However if it was something like a TV, what else would I do? I'm sure I'd try to sell it but if that didn't work out, am I supposed to keep things until they break because I can't find a way to get rid of them when I want to upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back