1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

How long do headphone cables last?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jeffjeffery, Sep 29, 2013.
  1. JeffJeffery
    I know it varies by brand and cable.  I have owned many pairs of cheap $10 ear buds and have had the cord (at the part just after the jack) break and have sound only come out in one of the 2 ear buds.  This many times happens just a few months after purchasing them.  I have found a little better pair that last about a year for me.  About 9 months ago I bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s (thanks to you guy's excellent help I might add).  The cord seems much thicker and the spring by the base of the jack seems to be a good help from the cord bending sharply.  However, I am wondering how long the cord will last.  I use these things every day for at least a few hours.  I saw some removable cable mods that look interesting.  I wouldn't attempt that until my cable goes out.  I just would like to know when I should start looking into what to do before it goes out on me.
    Thanks