How long did you own your HD800 before you noticed a small nick in the plastic
Aug 7, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #16 of 19
Not just any plastic for the 598, they literally went to a city dump and directly recycled old snes systems with yellowed plastic.  They looked so white and creamy in internet pics, but man, they're really yellow in person.

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #17 of 19
Interesting... I bought a pair of HD800 almost a year ago and they still look flawlessly, just the same as brand new, being in use every day though. Alkantara proved to be very enduring material - earpads are still in exellent conditon - the ones on the HD650 age faster and were replaced once. As for the paint, I've had no problem with both 650 or 800 (650 were bought ~4 years ago).

Maybe I'm about to get dissapointed with 800 for the first time?

Sad thing such misfortune occurs. I believe plastic was used in HD800 for a reason (giving them sturdy, resonant-free construction with minimum weight), but they shouldn't have painted it. All-black HD800 would have been far more classy looking to my taste.

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #19 of 19
My pair was brand new when I noticed a nasty nick on the right earpiece. I was chocked, since the HD 800 was/is the most expensive item I've ever owned and I treated it with extreme care (There is no way in the universe I could have scratched them) I got them fixed by Sennheiser support though, we agreed it was clearly a flaw in the paint job. Now I treat them with ultra-sick-out of this world care and those edges come in contact with NOTHING but the storage box and my (clean) fingertips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back