How long can you wear your customs?
Mar 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lozanoa11

100+ Head-Fier
I have the superFi 5pros and like many find the comfort sub par. Even with comply tips they get hard to wear after a few hours. I was thinking of having them reshelled into customs, but was wondering how long you can wear them?
It seem weird that a hard plastic could be comfortable even if it is custom molded to your ear.

Should I get them reshelled or look for a more comfortable pair of universals?

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 13
What would you recommend besides the complys?

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 13
you can use Sony Hybrids instead. But if you reshell them and they fit perfect it will be more comfortable than tips

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 13
"How long can you wear your customs?"

I find my customs very comfortable to use for hours without any comfort issues. I'm guessing the longest period I've had them in is around 6 hours. When I remove them my ears miss them, I haven’t figured out exactly why, maybe I like the peaceful isolation.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 13
I can also wear my customs for hours without even thinking of them. Unfortunately that does not happen very often (that I have that much time for listeing to music). If you have comfort issues with customs you probabely need a refit. Otherwise they should be comfortable for a long time.

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #10 of 13
I plan on using them on a 16 hour flight, Im not gunna have them in the whole time but listening to music and watching movies is about all I can do. Any other suggestions for tips I could try?

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #11 of 13
How long have you been wearing the SF5s (or trying to wear them)? I mean in terms of weeks, months, or years? I ask because for me, I used to never be able to handle earplugs at night. I would wake up with aching ears after a few hours. It took me probably a year of trying to slowly build up to the point where they don't bother me much any longer. That is of course after you find the best ones for you.

I've noticed a similar situation with IEMs.

I know this doesn't help because you probably don't have time to "practice" for a year before your flight. I'm just stating my experience.

By the way, as others have mentioned, a good fitting custom will be comfortable almost indefinately.

EDIT: Off topic, but I just noticed you have a Panasonic XR57. I LOVED mine and still miss it. Hang on to that thing!

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have a good fit with customs, you can wear them for hours.

Agree.

The only exception I've found is on particularly hot days my ears get waxy after a few hours and I need to remove even customs to let a little airflow through the ear.

But five minutes later they're dry and I'm back to another few hours of enjoyment, dare I say bliss
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #13 of 13
Well I did just get them a few weeks ago. I was thinking that I may just need to get used to them. Oh and I have plenty of time, my trip is not till next year but I want to be ready b/c I know getting customs made can be a lengthy process if I go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back