How long can you wear headphones?
Sep 9, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #31 of 46
Oh, I like walking around. Took a walk in Stockholm for a day or two straight with my Q-Jays. You don't need vinyl album art when you have scenery to look at. I've mostly been wearing my full size phones indoors, now in a 12 hour session so far. I like listening to music and don't sleep very often, which does of course not work for everyone.

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #32 of 46
Usually one to two hours (or a couple of albums) and then I'll take them off for 20-30 minutes. The longest I've gone has probably been eight hours straight.

For comfort, the HD-800 is a miracle. It has never become uncomfortable and it still sounds good at low levels. I feel like I could leave it on for an entire day. But I like to take 20-30 minute breaks just to make sure I'm not killing my ears.

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #33 of 46
Well, for me, the headphones stay on for as long as the music keeps me entertained and immersed...some days I'll listen to the same album over and over but after one listen, I'll throw a different phone in and It's simply another presentation that keeps me going more...it can be a bit addictive. I'm with Uncle Erik on the HD800...it could stay on my head for days....it's the least obtrusive of all my phones but at this moment...the hfi-780s are doing it for me but it's a cool night and perfect for the closed Ultrasones and the impact of the 780s bass ... but I must pull them off and get to bed already!

Sorry, lost myself there, where was I going with that thought again....

The music and not the phones dictate my listening time...that's my point.

Enjoy.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #34 of 46
I got rid of all the cans that became uncomfortable after a short while. I can wear the k500, classic dt990 and ad2000 for hours on end.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #37 of 46
Only thing that limits head time for me is comfort.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this thread is shedding light on the fact that some of us need to get outside more....

LOL. WORD.

Then again, when you're working a 9-6 desk job like I do, your headphones can be your best friend. hehe.

When I'm at work, I guess I've had them on for 2-3 hours straight.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #42 of 46
practically 12 hours on Grado Alessandro MS1/Koss ksc75 especially when on vacation at a white sand beach front like Boracay Island
beerchug.gif

ealdg9.jpg

24lsi8n.jpg

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
practically 12 hours on Grado Alessandro MS1/Koss ksc75 especially when on vacation at a white sand beach front like Boracay Island
beerchug.gif

WoW! I shall sell some of my headphones one day and travel there!
eek.gif

I usually listen to 1-2 hrs a day. I can't stand listening to headphones more than 3 hours straight.
smile.gif

Then again with that beautiful scenery of the beach, I can probably listen to my headphones all day long!

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #45 of 46
2-3 hrs with the Grado F1 HF2
34pb804.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamahome77
Then again with that beautiful scenery of the beach, I can probably listen to my headphones all day long!

same here
2usbx35.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back