How long can you wear headphones?
Sep 8, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #16 of 46
up to 2 hours, then I take them off for a break.

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #17 of 46
Max. 1 hr with the HF2, they're by far the least comfortable headphone I own. I can (and have) wear my K340's for hours. It's not the weight.. its the driver shields pressing against my ears.

I've seriously been considering selling the HF2 because of that
frown.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 46
I barely even notice that my k601s are on they're so comfy.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #21 of 46
Without replacing them? A few minutes....

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #22 of 46
It's mainly clamping that gets me. I have a big head and find most headphones rather painful.

Unfortunately my most comfortable headphones are my old Speedlink Medusas. No clamping but they sound rubbish (and no longer work in 5.1 mode, not that I'd use it anyway).

I can listen a lot longer with Dolby Headphone to give more speaker like presentation. I assume I'd be fine with HD800s and a little crossfeed as well but that's more money than I want to think about spending.

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #25 of 46
The only pair I use these days are my Senn HD 485s. They are light as a feather, lacking bass response on pmps but thats ok. The rest more than makes up for it. I could wear them indefinately, they are just so light and comfy.

I hate to say it, but the skullcandy dj series are extremely comfy. Sound is okay, but they feel fantastic.

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find when wearing my hd650's with my glasses, the back of the glasses dig in to behind me ears. This is not painful short lived but after an hour I end up developing a headache. Its really annoying!

I'm impressed. I can't wear headphones and glasses at all. Thank god for contacts! Anyway, I can go problem-free on my HD650s for about 8 hours. Then my ears start to itch.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by VanQuish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
48+ hours with fullsize around 24 hours with iems.

you did a 48+ hour straight session of wearing cans?
eek.gif
This must have been some sort of coding project in Grad School or something?

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #29 of 46
Easily 8-10 hours but even then, the most comfortable headphones start to fatigue you. Not to mention ear fatigue as well. You ears aren't designed to take 8 hours of constant sound
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by illy2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you did a 48+ hour straight session of wearing cans?
eek.gif
This must have been some sort of coding project in Grad School or something?

yeah... what exactly were you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back