How is Khozmo Stepped Attenuators?
Sep 14, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #227 of 440

Quote:
I bought a 100k stereo ladder type attenuator from khozmo. Here are some pictures:

The thing attached at the shaft is not included. I have attached it to allow the use of an extension shaft.

Can you describe the ordering and delivery process from start to finish and how long it took?

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #229 of 440
That will be great.  Nice to have a nice 48 position stepper.

Maybe some more souls will order some of these and we can establish that they have become reliable.  Parts Connection should make them take off.

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #230 of 440
pcx is surely a nice place for boutique parts. Saved quite a lot of money on shipping when ordering from them.
smily_headphones1.gif

32y0, looks like yours has different pcb from the one on their website:

I'd prefer the one with the Molex connector than having to solder underneath the board.
Also, do you know where they put the Caddock resistors?

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #232 of 440

Quote:
pcx is surely a nice place for boutique parts. Saved quite a lot of money on shipping when ordering from them.
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />" width="" />

32y0, looks like yours has different pcb from the one on their website:

I'd prefer the one with the Molex connector than having to solder underneath the board.
Also, do you know where they put the Caddock resistors?

I don't know about the molex connectors, I just got it this way.
I'm also not sure about the Caddock resistors, maybe they only use it in the shunt types. The one I have is a ladder type, but it dissapeared from the website.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #233 of 440

Quote:

Can you describe the ordering and delivery process from start to finish and how long it took?

I have orderd and payed on August 27th.
After that I asked on September 1st what the status was. Arek told me he just finished it and had to test it, after that he would send it.
There was a little delay, so he sent the attenuator on September 6th. Five days later I received the package.

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #235 of 440
I paypalled a shunt 50K quad on the 4th from khozmo, it shipped on the 7th, received here in Aus on the 22nd.

parts connexion doesn't carry the 50k quad.

Sep 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #236 of 440
I'd expect CONUS buyers will enjoy much faster shipping time from pcX. Anyone ordering one soon should take a look at a pair of Vishay nude Z-foil resistors that pcX also carry. I much prefer them to the Caddock that the stock Khozmo uses.

Why just stuck with the 50k?

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #237 of 440

Quote:
I can't believe anybody infer that having rhodium connectors is even close to the importance of a good pot......
wink.gif

Every parts have it's own importance.

If you have speakers permitting bi-wire (2 terminals) and you don't using them bi-wired or bi-amp,  you have a jumper installed. Try just to bypass the stock jumper using your own cables as jumper. You will hear the difference. It's only 2 inch of cable and it's have an audible impact.

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #238 of 440
BTW, any advice for good analog or stepped attenuator (I want something very high-end).
I am using a simple ALPS in my passive preamp (analog one).

goldpoint is a good step-up from ALPS or something better ?

It's a simple stereo attenuator (10k). I don't want too much step ... 21 is more than enough for me.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #240 of 440

Quote:
Every parts have it's own importance.

If you have speakers permitting bi-wire (2 terminals) and you don't using them bi-wired or bi-amp,  you have a jumper installed. Try just to bypass the stock jumper using your own cables as jumper. You will hear the difference. It's only 2 inch of cable and it's have an audible impact.

Yeah, I've heard the sorts of absolute crap you believe in before, pompon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back