How is Khozmo Stepped Attenuators?
Jun 15, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #197 of 440
Oh what. $180 bucks for a pot?
I am really in the wrong hobby for a high school student...diy my dad supports me with, however I doubt that includes a $200 aud pot.

Some of my friends on the other hand, are into $1500 cameras plus $200 lenses...
I could build and balance a B22 and DT880 for that money.

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #199 of 440

Quote:
Well, considering a pair of rhodium connectors (merely cosmetic) cost more than $200, $180 for a pot is a 'bargain' for me.

I can't believe anybody infer that having rhodium connectors is even close to the importance of a good pot...... :wink:

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #200 of 440

Quote:
Oh what. $180 bucks for a pot?
I am really in the wrong hobby for a high school student...diy my dad supports me with, however I doubt that includes a $200 aud pot.

I actually paid $299 for the pot... but who's keeping track?
wink_face.gif

All I can say is it better sound like pure gold/rhodium/pick metal of your choice when I get it!

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #202 of 440

Quote:
I kept remembering someone telling that rhodium connectors make the soundstage taller. Not sure if a good pot could do that. :)

Hanging a person from the neck makes them taller too. Doesn't mean we should all run out and do it.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #203 of 440
Well hopefully this pot will make the soundstage awesomer.
The awesomeness factor will be increasing by a googleplex.

Now I just have to find a nice, big fat knob for the front of the case... any ideas anyone?

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #204 of 440

Quote:
Well hopefully this pot will make the soundstage awesomer.
The awesomeness factor will be increasing by a googleplex.

Now I just have to find a nice, big fat knob for the front of the case... any ideas anyone?

A little while ago I spent some time looking for a large, reasonable priced knob.  I ended up getting this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290374815327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_928

Most of the knobs I found that I liked more were a lot more expensive (ie DACT, or sites that had minimum orders).  I'm not sure how big you wanted, but this one is decent sized and hefty since it's solid (some other knobs aren't).

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #206 of 440

Quote:
A little while ago I spent some time looking for a large, reasonable priced knob.  I ended up getting this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290374815327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_928

Not bad, but I bought a knob from these guys for use in my Millett MAX case, and it was really nice... I just wish there was a bigger version... http://www.partsconnexion.com/chassis_knobs.html

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #207 of 440
Hi !

I'm trying since days to contact Khozmo to buy an attenuator, and until now I doesn't really obtain answers.

Did you faced the same problem ?

Anyone of you bought one the past weeks and obtain it ?

Thanks for your feedback

BR

Jun 29, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #208 of 440

Quote:
Hi !

I'm trying since days to contact Khozmo to buy an attenuator, and until now I doesn't really obtain answers.

Did you faced the same problem ?

Anyone of you bought one the past weeks and obtain it ?

Thanks for your feedback

BR

Yeah, that's about it.  They Suck apparently.  You might want to read the thread from the start...

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #210 of 440
Goldpoint makes some nice knobs. Not too pricey. At least considering what you are spending for a pot.

They also make a stepped product. I have not heard any opinions on it yet.

jk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back