How good is Naim
Jul 19, 2010 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cifani090

Headphoneus Supremus
Im looking at Naim Audio, and i may be buying there Headline amp, but i need something bigger that makes a statement on my desk (since this is my first amp), and ive looked at there HiCap amp and its $1900 dollars. Thats a lot of dam money for a stupid power supply. What do guys think of this company.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 8
I used to own a Naim system. Extremely well built and will last years. SQ of Naim gear is voiced a certain way with an emphasis on Pace,timing and musicality.
Not the last word in detail,soundstaging, imagery or refinement. Have yet to hear a Naim CD player that I like but they make very good,if overpriced, amps. Unfortunately the Headline is not one of them. The Headline 1 is outclassed by the GS Solo. Though I never heard it with its,very expensive power supply, but that pushes it another level were I expect it to be outclassed!
Do you want tubes or just solid state?

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 8
If you want a large(imposing) SS amp of, IMO, much higher SQ than the Headline I would recommend the Audio gd Phoenix or Roc(which I am planning on buying soon). These are large powerful amps that are also balanced if you wish to go that way in the future.

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 8
Never heard it but gets very good reviews :) but it looks alot smaller than Roc/Phoenix which are alot bigger than they look
bigsmile_face.gif

I expect all 3 are superb for the price but I like the look of the audio gd stuff better and want to try balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back