How good is audio quality on Galaxy Note?
Jun 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #17 of 49
Quote:
any idea how HTC, Sony, Nokia and other android based phones fare in audio quality?

ideally Sony 'should' provide the best audio but in reality they do not really.
But their MP3 based android devices are very good.

Samsung GS3 is now integrated with the well known 'sound alive' technology
that arguably it is the best smartphone audio device including the iphone as of yet. (If no EQ, flat frequency is all that matters, maybe iphone still ranks the top)

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #18 of 49
Quote:
I had two htc and the sound was not so enjoable.
But for the new htc I don t know
The htc desire is one that I had.
Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

New HTCs are not too far from its older brothers. Its pretty much the same with
software Beat technology added.
but they still advertise that HTC is now a serious music device powered by Beats :wink:

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

ideally Sony 'should' provide the best audio but in reality they do not really.
But their MP3 based android devices are very good.

Samsung GS3 is now integrated with the well known 'sound alive' technology
that arguably it is the best smartphone audio device including the iphone as of yet. (If no EQ, flat frequency is all that matters, maybe iphone still ranks the top)

The biggest sonic advantage that iPhone still has is the openness of the sound due to a very low intermodulation distortion and stereo crosstalk. Plus the lower output impedance.

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

The biggest sonic advantage that iPhone still has is the openness of the sound due to a very low intermodulation distortion and stereo crosstalk. Plus the lower output impedance.

But there are still Apple-haters that will never agree....lol.

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #21 of 49
Quote:
But there are still Apple-haters that will never agree....lol.

True, and sad really. I'm an Android fan because it suits my needs best overall for now, and I really dislike lots of things in iOS and many of Apple's practices, but there is no getting around the fact that besides Voodoo'd SGS/Nexus S (and hopefully SIII soon) nothing comes remotely close to the iPhone in the Android realm. I'm selling my 4S now that I can USB DACs with my SIII, but up until that I was planning on keeping it just for music (FLAC via a 500GB Seagate GoFlex Satellite and 8-Player).

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #22 of 49
I can't use an EQ on the apple devices... so i will stick to my Sony Android phone. the amount of free performance im missing due to the lack of EQ is simply too much

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #24 of 49
Quote:
Are you aware of the multitude of third party apps available for iOS devices?

well i played with my friend's ipod touch and looked at the market, couldn't find any that didn't require payment, and since he (and me) have no way to pay for the apps online, so in the end got no player with eq, its a lot easier to find players with EQ in google play that don't require credit cards. (MixZing for example) guess till i get a credit card its just android for me for now

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #26 of 49
Quote:
well i played with my friend's ipod touch and looked at the market, couldn't find any that didn't require payment, and since he (and me) have no way to pay for the apps online, so in the end got no player with eq, its a lot easier to find players with EQ in google play that don't require credit cards. (MixZing for example) guess till i get a credit card its just android for me for now

Have you ever seen the iTunes gift cards, available in just about any store out there, including grocery stores? That's all you need to make purchases through iTunes. I never used my credit/debit cards with iTunes when I had a Touch.....I would just buy those gift cards.

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:
Have you ever seen the iTunes gift cards, available in just about any store out there, including grocery stores? That's all you need to make purchases through iTunes. I never used my credit/debit cards with iTunes when I had a Touch.....I would just buy those gift cards.

nope, haven't seen any, guess they're mostly only available in the states (but i maybe wrong, since i didn't actually go hunting for them)

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #28 of 49
Quote:
nope, haven't seen any, guess they're mostly only available in the states (but i maybe wrong, since i didn't actually go hunting for them)

Oh, sorry, I never thought to look at your location. Yes they're everywhere here in the US.

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #29 of 49
My Galaxy Note sound the same as my MacBook Air 11". For a portable device that's saying a lot. I use Shure E4C. They sound the same when I use the Note's stock player and the Mac's iTunes. If I use the Mac's Amarra player, the Note is blown away with spaciousness.

With the stock player the Note sounds very good. Liveable but not great. I am currently looking for a player that does what Amarra does on a Mac.

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #30 of 49
ok im no audiophile, but ive had some quality earphones like shure and klipsch driven through good portable so id like to think i know good sound.

when i got my note i was extremely happpy with it, but the moment i plugged my headphones in it was painful, a terrible listening experience. i tried poweramp and others and tweaked the eq but it was still a lot worse than my old htc desire z. i was ready to return it when i decided to root it and install a custom rom based on ice cream sandwich (stunner).

the music transformed into the best ive heard from a mobile device, the clarity and base were so incredibly improved i wondered if there really was a god who answered my prayers. when comparing to my friends new galaxy s3 therr is very little diffrrence, his maybe a tiny bit better balanced, but the note goes noticably louder.

weve compared our phobes using a range of AT headphones and others and the result is always as above.

if your gond to use the note as a pmp but dont want to root it then get the s3 because it comes with great audio out of the box, the note requires a root and custom rom to do that which can be a bit risky if done improperly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back