How good are JVC HP-DX700/1000 Compared to Denon AH-D5000?
Feb 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Scutey

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Guys!,

I'm new to Head-Fi and thought I would start a new thread.

I currently own a pair of Denon AH-D5000's, for which I love everything about them, looks, comfort and feel, but most importantly of all sound!, to me these phones give my music an almost live sound with energy and sparkle, and yes I love the bass too!.

Recently though I've come accross the JVC HP-DX700 and DX1000. from what i've heard either of these phones might be right up my street as well. My question is does, or have, anybody out there in Head-Fi land own a pair of either of these phones and could give me their insight as to what they are like compared to the D5000's, especially the DX700's as these seem to be the D5000's exact model in the JVC lineup, any thoughts anybody could give me would be greatly appreciated!.

Cheers!.

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 9
Hi Guys!,

I'm new to Head-Fi and thought I would start a new thread.

I currently own a pair of Denon AH-D5000's, for which I love everything about them, looks, comfort and feel, but most importantly of all sound!, to me these phones give my music an almost live sound with energy and sparkle, and yes I love the bass too!.

Recently though I've come accross the JVC HP-DX700 and DX1000. from what i've heard either of these phones might be right up my street as well. My question is does, or have, anybody out there in Head-Fi land own a pair of either of these phones and could give me their insight as to what they are like compared to the D5000's, especially the DX700's as these seem to be the D5000's exact model in the JVC lineup, any thoughts anybody could give me would be greatly appreciated!.

Cheers!.

I'm interested in a comparison too.

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 9
I'd love to know as well! They look like they'd replace my D2000's perfectly...

I ended up pulling the trigger on the DX1000's and gee Im glad I did. These blow the Denons out of the water. Their soundstage is huge and very immersive. Their bass is awesome and goes very deep and has great impact and is tighter than the Denons. The tonality of these cans is out of this world for me as they make the music sound so lifelike as if youre in a small room with the band.

After listening to these and then going back to the Denons they sound tinny and a bit shrill. The recessed mids stood out like a sore thumb and the bass seemed undefined although nice a loose which can be fun sometimes.Plus the soundstage of the Denons pales in comparison to the DX1000's.

Id definitely recommend these over the Denons to any basshead as theyre much more refined and linear in their presentation.

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 9
Just a matter of taste you must hear them both they have their own unique colourations.

I had the markl D5000 and own the JVC DX 1000. On a rerun on the DX 1000 but now they aren´t going anywhere. I preferr the DX 1000s bass and midrange and the presentation. But like the Denons perhaps not the best all rounders. Great complement to my LCD-2 Rev2. It don´t leak like a maniac, it does have a deeper and wider soundstage and even more lush. For my treble head needs I have the CD 3K which is a bit bass light. Maybe partly due to still running old worn leatherpads but it´s just fine for me. Don´t have the occasional reverb issues of the woodies. My preferences overall is more towards LCD-2/DX 1000 nowadays though but I am very pragmatic :wink:

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Which one of the JVC you recommend over which one of the Denon?

It depends. I bought the DX1000's and then sold off my D5000's cos I initially thought the DX1000's sounded more refined and immersive. After a couple of weeks I began noticing the flaws of the DX1000's - they're dark and some recordings can sound too distant & they're very dry sounding. I sold the DX1000's and bought back my D5000's as I missed their loose bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back