How full is your ignore list?
Dec 19, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #106 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
I don't want to turn off everyone's avatars. They help me identify & remember certain people quickly and thre are some that I even enjoy looking at.

Heh, I thought you were joking Earwax..... Null's avatar isn't "that" bad is it? just think how bad the guy in the avatar must feel
frown.gif
Avatars have feelings too, we aren't all perfect. Just because a person looks different from the norm doesn't necessitate hitting the "ignore" button..... everyone has feelings.

Mike.

Dec 19, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #107 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
just think how bad the guy in the avatar must feel
frown.gif
Avatars have feelings too, we aren't all perfect. Just because a person looks different from the norm doesn't necessitate hitting the "ignore" button..... everyone has feelings.

Oh you're right, how insensitive of me! I didn't mean to imply anything bad towards Null or Null's Avatar, simply that it is so, um, "stunning" that I find it just a bit distracting. um, yeah, stunning, that's it...

rolleyes.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #109 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
I love it when I attract this attention.

(By the way, I hope you fools don't think that my avatar is a picture of myself. ROFLMAO!!)

I can't speak for the other fools, but it never occurred to me that it might be anyone else.
tongue.gif

BW

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #111 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn

«this thread, with his apparent innocence, was the perfect occasion to attack the caracter of past victims of Head-Fi tolerance.»

What do you mean by the former and the latter statements? Whom are you referring to ("his")? Who is attacking whom?

Hi Walli,

If you want details of this kind, PM me with your reasons to learn that sort of things and I'll see what I can do for you. BTW how long have you been here?

Amicalement

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #112 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
My ignore list was empty but I'm putting Null on it now until he gets rid of that avatar. He's really a nice guy, so someone please send me a PM when he changes the avatar back to something at least half-way normal.

Null's profile

Sorry, Null, nothing personal, I can't just handle it.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Gah! That is bad, er, good, um... reminds me of spwal's before the thong was added. Not that it made it better, mind...

I'm not sure what's scarier, though, null's avatar, or the fact that I know where the image is from
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #113 of 248
Holy crap, it's the return of the "offensive avatar" debate. Although I find null's av quite odd, I've never thought twice about it. There's no nudity, profanity, hidden meanings, etc. So lets just forget about it, and talk about something more productive. Chocolate pretzel, anyone?
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #114 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Holy crap, it's the return of the "offensive avatar" debate. Although I find null's av quite odd, I've never thought twice about it. There's no nudity, profanity, hidden meanings, etc. So lets just forget about it, and talk about something more productive. Chocolate pretzel, anyone?
tongue.gif

I'm getting very strong and disturbing memories of CI... 'offensive avatars', ignore lists and the cliques therein, chocolate pretzels...

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #115 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
I'm getting very strong and disturbing memories of CI... 'offensive avatars', ignore lists and the cliques therein, chocolate pretzels...

Yeah, Member's Lounge appears to be the new CI. As long as there aren't any threads about farting through suits, it's all good . . .
tongue.gif

(or maybe not)

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #116 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
I just observed a perfectly good example of why the Ignore list is a good tool.

In another thread a member who’s been here for 3 months and has 1000 or so posts. He’s on my ignore list and I notice he replies 3 times in a row to several posts in the same thread. So basically his posts make up 50% of the thread and he has nothing to contribute to the thread. So it’s either weed through his meandering posts or remove then.

Do you read all the junk mail sent to your house? Do you read all the Spam or use a Spam filter. The ignore list is nothing more than a Spam filter for Head-Fi based on the poster. Now be honest and admit there are more than a few members who really have nothing to contribute other than racking up post counts.

Mitch

Do you mean me? I read thru a post and then reply. I work nights so I don't get to read it until I finish. I don't have access to computers at work. So I reply when I finsh work. If it bothered you then all you had to do is PM me so that we could work something out. I think its unfair that I might be on someones ignore list without giving me a chance to sort something out.

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #117 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
I love it when I attract this attention.

(By the way, I hope you fools don't think that my avatar is a picture of myself. ROFLMAO!!)

your avatar broke the mirror on my vanity! *bawls*

Dec 20, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #118 of 248
Genetic,

Your response is enough indication to me that it is not I that offended you. That's good enough for me. So, was that was a rhetorical question you posed?

I've been back off and on for a few weeks now. Heck, I've even posted once or twice in the headphone section. My waking-up "disorder" is just about gone so maybe I'll start listening to music again. Now is the wrong time though as I wish that my local radio stations ran Christmas music.

Dec 20, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #119 of 248
Quote:

Your response is enough indication to me that it is not I that offended you.

By accident we can all offended others members. What I have problems with is the ones who are making it a professional occupation from hurting others. With this special «breed» you have absolutely nothing in common.

Amicalement

Dec 20, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #120 of 248
Quote:

What do you mean by the former and the latter statements? Whom are you referring to ("his")? Who is attacking whom?

I believe it's an artifact of not speaking English as a first language
smily_headphones1.gif
In English, we have he, she, and it. Any male living thing is he, any female living thing is she, everything else is it. I believe some languages don't even have "it" (neuter gender) while others do but like to mix and match. My second language is German and it was always a chore trying to remember the gender for various items. Is a table male, female, or neuter? How about a book? A shoe? There's no way to logic it out, which always makes things fun. In German, it's common to refer to something with a male gender, like a table, as "him" or "he". I stubbed my toe on him. We'd say it, but some people who grew up with another language carry that habit over and do things like referring to a thread as he or him
biggrin.gif

I BELIEVE Genetic was referring to the thread, and not a person with his comment. Do correct me if I'm wrong though. Free linguistics mini-lesson over
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back