How fast do you type?
Nov 21, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhaninugraha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just took a shot at the TypingTest.com website... here goes:

I was able to dish out 102wpm @ 95% and 108wpm @ 92% on the 2nd try from my small and cramped notebook keyboard.

It'll be at least 10wpm higher with my desktop keyboard, for sure. I'll try again later this afternoon and see what I've got... I'm actually interested
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #17 of 50
I can easily push 100wpm or more when typing directly from the mind. My speed drops sharply and drastically when copying another document. Which makes me wonder why typing tests always measure your copying speed and not your actual speed. Who actually copies documents by hand like that?

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #22 of 50
Ai kän taip veri fäst änd nevö meik eni misteiks.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #23 of 50
I am we Todd it. I am sofa king we Todd it. I type pretty fast, but sometimes make mistakes.

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can easily push 100wpm or more when typing directly from the mind. My speed drops sharply and drastically when copying another document. Which makes me wonder why typing tests always measure your copying speed and not your actual speed. Who actually copies documents by hand like that?

I agree. When typing from my head I can usually do 120-130/min. When copying something else it drops below 100.

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #25 of 50
I'm not too good at copying stuff either, just need practice doing that but I get about 85 wpm doing that, only reason I ever make mistakes is when copying something they have me spell a word differently than I do (such as favourite or colour) and so that annoys me because of those things otherwise I generally never spell things incorrectly...

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #26 of 50
I type much slower on my desktop keyboard than on my laptop. I find that the increased key travel on the desktop keyboard drops me from close to 100 down to 80-85 just because of the increased distance my fingers have to move.

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrosecarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I type much slower on my desktop keyboard than on my laptop. I find that the increased key travel on the desktop keyboard drops me from close to 100 down to 80-85 just because of the increased distance my fingers have to move.

"Natural" keyboards (the ones split in the middle and slightly curved) are supposed to help train you to not reach to the right side with your left hand and vice versa. So theoretically you should type faster as a result. It's also supposed to help with preventing carpal tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back