How far are you along in your journey?
Aug 2, 2008 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

malldian

Headphoneus Supremus
As per your current financial situation, how far do you see yourself away from the point of diminishing returns? Do you see yourself stopping the buying and selling anytime soon?

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 29
I've been way beyond anything that could be considered even remotely rational for quite some time, but I have no intention to stop the addiction anytime soon.

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 29
I'm a practical sort, so I suppose when I have my AD2000s, recabled for balanced operation, and a balanced beta-22 connected to a balanced opus dac with all the bells and whistles... I'll be done.

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 29
On my join date:
iPod 5.5 gen + assorted earbuds/iems (all >$30)
About 2 months and a week later:
Current sig; which includes an R10 #766

On topic:
I expect this to be a lifetime hobby; like cars and golf (maybe gaming to a point). I'm only 18 years old, I'm already saving up for my all-out high end rig which will be due sometime after I graduate and get my own place. For now, I'm trying to gather as much knowledge and music as I possibly can while working towards 'that'.

In another words, I have no plans to stop until I kick the bucket.

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 29
All my upgrades are on halt, due to my need for transportation and massive dental bills
frown.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 29
I have just started.
Just bought Grado SR-80s, in the middle of a transaction for a Penguin Caffeine amp, going to buy a LOD, and then I think I will be set for a while.

I will give my wallet a break after that, and then re-evaluate where I am at.

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 29
Getting closer. There are another six or so amps I want to build, including an electrostatic one and a couple balanced ones. Add a balanced source and a few pairs of electrostats, and that'll be it.

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #13 of 29
After I get my penultimate setup, and decent customs for portable use...

all my money will go to other hobbies, or more music.

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #14 of 29
All I want is a Top of the line portable amp and custom UEs. For now. Trying to hunt down something like a headsix at the moment.

Home setups don't interest me much because I rarely get the chance to use them.

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #15 of 29
For the past 24 years I have been on and off my audio journey. I'm not chasing the best; I'm chasing what sounds good to me.

I have a headphone rig that I really enjoy listening to. It would probably be considered very much a mid-fi solution to many people here, but I don't really care.

PC -> FLAC files -> ASIO -> Monica USB DAC -> Bijou DIY Amp (EZ81; 6N6P; Amperex Jan 6922) -> K701 (not recabled or anything - just K701)

I am now just playing with DIY gear for fun. If I do happen to stumble upon something that increases my audio enjoyment - yippeee !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back