How durable is the ATH- M50s cable? OCD problem please help!
Jul 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MrAwesome

New Head-Fier
I just bought these new today, and since the cable was really long it was sagging down onto my carpet while listening to it at my homework place. I was not paying attention were the cable was at, just the music I was listening to, and  I kinda ran rolled over the little pile of cable that was on the carpet with my computer chair ( weigh about 145, with the additional pressure of my computer chair). I have OCD and I care alot about the sound. How durable is this cable, and do you think this could have effected my headphones sound in anyway since ?! I'm a bit worried! 

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm usually pretty OCD about new stuff for the first few days, then afterwards it is a bit more carefree although still careful!

Unless there is crackling I wouldn't worry.

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 8
I doubt there is any issue. Cables tend to break where they enter the cup and near the jack. If it really is bothering you I would return them and pick up another pair.

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 8
Oh man... I suggest you never get into IEMs lol...the cables are much thinner.

Your cable is fine. I broke my cable at the jack because I literally stood up and walked away from my computer forgetting I had the HP on. The jack bent by like 30 degrees and I lost connection to one side. If I force some pressure on it I can still have both left and right channels working 100% properly.

When people build computers it isn't uncommon to weigh down on the power supply cables with like say a stack of 10 heavy books just to flatten out the cables to allow easier cable management.

This is some real OCD 
rolleyes.gif
. Listen to the damn music and stop worrying..

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #8 of 8
You shouldn't notice a difference.  I've run over my 598's cable a few times, and I weight 210.  Don't worry about it, and keep enjoying the music.  You can always tie up your cables, or in my case I keep them looped around something. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back