how durable are the k1000s?
Feb 24, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 29
They hold up really well, but then again I baby my headphones. I've had them twice and I treated them like they were newborn baby when I held them. My gf got a kick out it every time I touched them. lol

Either way, they can still be sent into AKG if something does go wrong. Good Luck, they are very good headphones.

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They hold up really well, but then again I baby my headphones. I've had them twice and I treated them like they were newborn baby when I held them. My gf got a kick out it every time I touched them. lol

Either way, they can still be sent into AKG if something does go wrong. Good Luck, they are very good headphones.

Will you be willing to bet that I would love the K1000 if I currently love the K501?

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will you be willing to bet that I would love the K1000 if I currently love the K501?

The k1000 improves on the k501's sonic abilities in every category. Soundstage is much wider, it resolves more detail, imaging and dynamics are highly improved over the k501, and the sound is much fuller. However, one thing you will lose from the k501 is how intimate the midrange is. The k501's midrange is more forward than the k1000's and thus the k1000's sound a little distant in comparison. This may or may not be a big deal to you. Their definitely worth trying either way.

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by espire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't mind Fitz. He just wants you to PM him asking for AKG parts and about eBay auctions.

What does that have to do with the discussion here?
confused.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does that have to do with the discussion here?
confused.gif

Why, nothing at all, really. I think I had a reason while posting. I'll go have my coffee now.

Edit: Fitz, I've figured it out. In my dazed state, I had perceived your first post as "It's a good bet that the K501 > K1000. In a desperate attempt to join in the fun, I randomly copied a request from your sig and told that to troymadison oppositely. There's a lesson to this story, I think; Talking is reserved for the sane.

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 29
The K-1000 seems built pretty well, but I've been careful with it. The K-1000 sleeps in its box every night, and still inside the cardboard box from AKG as well. It was designed for studio work - which is a little tougher than home use - but I want it to last.

The K-501 mids are just a little bit sweeter, but the overall "house sound" is about the same. You'll get better lows and a little more up top, as well. The earspeaker design opens up the soundstage like a pair of speakers will. If you get a chance to own one, you should. There's nothing else like it.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 29
K1000 are very durable. I poked holes into the diagraphm and it's still working, but it's a little boomy. I stretched the diaphragm tighter and got faster high frequencies, but the bass was missing.

The only thing that caused it to malfunction was melting the voice coil insulation with a soldering iron, it caused a short-circuit and the amp stopped working. But then I could repair it by making my own voice coil wiring and isolating it with scotch tape. It's working again! But when using the scotch tape diaphragms I'm not getting as good sound as before. The K1000 in original condition sound better.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K1000 are very durable. I poked holes into the diagraphm and it's still working, but it's a little boomy. I stretched the diaphragm tighter and got faster high frequencies, but the bass was missing.

The only thing that caused it to malfunction was melting the voice coil insulation with a soldering iron, it caused a short-circuit and the amp stopped working. But then I could repair it by making my own voice coil wiring and isolating it with scotch tape. It's working again! But when using the scotch tape diaphragms I'm not getting as good sound as before. The K1000 in original condition sound better.

LOL, you got balls I will say that.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, you got balls I will say that.

x2 Patrick82 is da man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back