How do you wear your Shures?
Jul 13, 2006 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

skev13

500+ Head-Fier
I tried to wear mine the loop over ear way, but the loop keeps slipping out of my right ear. (guess my ears are too small)

If i wear them the regular way, I lose the seal after a while with the foamies because the cable is too heavy, and pulls down on the buds.

blink.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 19
Don't the E4 come with that little plastic sheath? If you slide that up and tighten it against your head it should prevent it from slipping off your ear.

Or do you already do this and it still slips off?

Jul 13, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
still slips off, unless i tighten it tight enough that it feels like i'm wearing a bonnet.

Make sure that you don't have the cable twisted at all...that would encourage it to slip over your ear.

I use mine this way(over the ears & behind the head w/ plastic thingie). They stay in place very well even through an hour long gym workout. I use foamies.

I'm prefering my ER4P lately but the Shure looks much more low profile although while sitting at certain machines at the gym where my back is against a pad the cable tends to get tugged at because I route it under my shirt. The Etys force me to route in front which can cause other problems...

Jul 13, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
loop over the ear as well.

Jul 14, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 19
Looped over the ear and shoved in as deep as I can.

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #12 of 19
I have Shure E2Cs.

I have my cord looped over the top of my ear with the cord behind my back. I find I have to get the plastic sheeth in the right place for optimum comfort white preventing the wires from lifting off of my ears. I pull the plastic sheeth until it is a bit snug and then back it off a bit. If it's too loose the wires can slip off but when I have it setup right I have no problems. I love having the cord routed behind my back instead of hanging out front and getting in the way (plus it adds a degree of stealth)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
I tried to wear mine the loop over ear way, but the loop keeps slipping out of my right ear. (guess my ears are too small)

I believe he already said he's looping it over the ear already. So, I don't think that's the problem.

But I second the tip about keeping the cables untwisted. Also, make sure when you are wearing it over the ear, the earphone itself is pointed upwards.

I usually loop over my ear first when insert it into the ear. I run w/ it and there's no problem with it coming out (1hr at 8min/mile). I use foamies and gray soft sleeves. I have the e3g.

Jul 14, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #15 of 19
E4inEar.jpg

Perfect flush
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back