How do you protect your ipod/imod 5.5 80GB? Pics most welcome...
Jun 13, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered an iSkin. I was going to order a YoTank 4th Gen Photo case but 75$ and THEN 12.95$ to ship the thing? That's very unreasonable so I passed on it. I was going to order it for my Imod but the shipping made me turn away from it.

shipping is $7.95
cool.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #19 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.speckproducts.com/vid-toughskin.html
This one is really good.
I dropped my 80GB ipod and it's still working good.
Highly reccommended.

My friend has one, and the iPod is so loose in there, and there are many places where the case and the iPod do not even touch.

My vote goes to the iSkin evo3; I bought two and will soon get a third one for my incoming iMod on top of the BSE I ordered.

Jun 13, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #20 of 62
This might be a stupid question, but what's the BSE?

Jun 13, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shipping is $7.95
cool.gif

Yep it is. I was wrong. I might just have to order one now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #22 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.speckproducts.com/vid-toughskin.html
This one is really good.
I dropped my 80GB ipod and it's still working good.
Highly reccommended.

I have this product for my 4G 20GB iPod. It requires that you insert a plastic spacer inside the skin (for the 20GB as opposed to the 60GB). That gives a real snug fit, which is why I have bever has the problem described by TheMarchingMule's friend. I like the removable screen cover and removable (and "flippable") click wheel protector.

I expect to get an 80GB model soon (c'mon Father's Day
cool.gif
), and will probably get another of these.

Jun 13, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #23 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... did i miss something?

If you were not aware of the fact that RWA has released an iMod for the 5/5.5G iPod, then yes you have missed something. Check out the ALOaudio sponsored forum and you will find out all about it. Or just go to redwineaudio.com. Ordered mine yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This might be a stupid question, but what's the BSE?

BSE = BestSkinsEver:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...you insert a plastic spacer inside the skin (for the 20GB as opposed to the 60GB). That gives a real snug fit, which is why I have bever has the problem described by TheMarchingMule's friend.

He does insert the plastic spacer, and it still does that.

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #25 of 62
I'm not sure about the openings on an imod, but I really like the Corecase I have for my Nano II. The case had a good review on an ipod forum. The material, fit, and color are all great. The case is protective, but does not add much size. I have used an ALO Cotton Dock, Turbodock, Sik cable, & charger with the case on my ipod. The case has a plastic cover for the screen, but only a sticker (which I don't use) for the wheel. My ipod has fallen on pavement & flown through my car without any harm. Best of all, the case is $20 plus $5 for shipping. Their customer service is good, too. Corey sent me a sample case while they were waiting on a supplier. www.corecases.com
(No affiliation, just a satisfied customer)

Jun 14, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #28 of 62
I've been using the Speck Toughskin here also. When my 5.5 IMod arrived the other day I took my 30GB IPod Video out of that case, removed the spacer, and put my 80Gb IMod in it's place. I've been using the case for about a year now, and am quite happy with it! I do recommend one uses some type of skin before putting in the case just for added surface protection as well as click wheel protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back