How do you protect your ipod/imod 5.5 80GB? Pics most welcome...
Jun 15, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #46 of 62
Jun 16, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif

263ca5106c8fbdea9ee0a8e49eb84343-.jpg

e2e20a2326f8c8116b99975ecf889482-.jpg

How to turn you iPod into a Sony but with less good sound quality!
cool.gif
However, does the ipod with that case require Sonicstage now??

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #48 of 62
I would like to get an iSkin evo3 for my 80 gb, but I've read mixed reports on whether it will fit in a dock such as a DLO home deluxe dock. Does anyone have a ipod iSkin in a DLO deluxe dock, if not what dock for stereo system.
Thanks

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #49 of 62
By the way, I bought a Griffin Reflect for my 5G 60GB iMod and I have to return it. I could not get the two pieces of the cover to close all the way togther because I have a BSE skin on the iMod, and I also thought the screen was way too obscured by the cover when in use. Very dim and fuzzy even on the brightest setting. Going to look for more options at the Apple Store and CompUSA today.

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #50 of 62
Finding the best protection seems to be more difficult then I thought starting this thread. Most cases do not have an entrance to the dock. According to Iloung, of the skins, the customizable ifrogz gives the best protection (a 9). This is however with the 'bandz' covering the sides and therefore blocking the entrance to the dock as well. I ordered one to see if I'm able to come up with a DIY solution.

Ilounge http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...rades/C209/209
Ifrogz(protectivenes score 9):
> http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...od-5g-and-nano.).
> http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=4...s_javascript=1

I will probabely end up with the iSkin evo3 together with the BSE.

Or did I miss the ideal solution? Top protection and easy access to the dock.

Jun 20, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #51 of 62
I use the iSkin evo at the moment, I had to bore out the headphone hole to get my Grados to fit in there and cut out the back to use the velcro to attach my amp. But other than that, it's pretty decent. Does the YoTank cases cover the click wheel at all?

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #52 of 62
Does anyone else have any info on the Griffin Reflect? How does it compare to the Power Support Illusion case? Is it any brighter? I'm about to pull the trigger on my first 5 gen video iPod, so I'm kinda anxious about which case to get...

Jun 21, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #54 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.speckproducts.com/vid-toughskin.html
This one is really good.
I dropped my 80GB ipod and it's still working good.
Highly reccommended.

I found this case at Magnolia Hi-Fi for 5 Bucks. It was on clearance with all the other Ipod stuff.

Jun 21, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #55 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by robster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hiya- I just bought a 5.5 80GB RWA Imod- I plan to put in a case,either Vaja or iSkin,is it necessary to cover it with a Best Skin Ever BSE clear protection first?
Reason I'm asking I remember the 5G's scratch ever soo easily! even with a case.

Cheers,
Robert

I have had a BSE in place since early in my 5G's life, but you should also be aware that even that thin little membrane makes the iPod too big to fit properly in many cases. I have an Agent 18 I used before the BSE and cannot use it any longer. I have also returned others like the Griffin Reflect and I have the Contour Showcase on it right now but it is tight and doesn't *quite* close all the way on the clasp side even though the clasps work. I like it enough that I may keep it.

Anyway, BSE is great and can look beautiful when applied well, but it has other ramifications. Good luck!

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #56 of 62
A good way to protect anything...is

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APL6008.html

an invisible shield...and another case...like one to protect against shock...But I have a zen vision M with an invisible shield on it..no scratches nothing....it stays nice and perfect for along time...given that you take care of it for along time.

Jun 24, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #57 of 62
I have used a Contour case for 2 years on my 4th Gen iPod Photo and the unit looks brand spanking new. I know they make one for the newer iPod Video and at about $35 they are a bargain since they offer a two tier protection: ruber on the edges and plastic all over. Yes there is an opening for the "wheel" but I left the plastic which Apple applied at the factory.

As far as the dock (if it is to small) use a dremel tool to make it larger.
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #58 of 62
P1010003a.png

[size=large]Which do you like the best?[/size]

P1010015.png

Smiley or headphones?

Case is a Treadz from iFrogz.... I had not seen one around so I just thought...it might look neat.

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #60 of 62
angry_girl.jpg

The Protector of the iPod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm also looking for a 5G case and found this. looks pretty cool... i think i'm gonna get it.

263ca5106c8fbdea9ee0a8e49eb84343-.jpg

e2e20a2326f8c8116b99975ecf889482-.jpg

So in regard to these cases, they are a novelty and then quickly a nuisance. The novelty wears off for me within the return period. It's just not really practical if you like to actually read your screen. Nearly impossible in bright sunlight, with the Griffin case like this I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back