How do you protect your ipod/imod 5.5 80GB? Pics most welcome...
Jun 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Wotan1

100+ Head-Fier
I've ordered the imod 5.5 80 GB and of course I want to protect it as good as possible, including screen and wheel. It should have space for the ALO dock to connect to the Ipod. I'm interested in your suggestions. And...the cooler the better. Please share your thoughts and recommendations

Pics are most welcome.

Jun 12, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 62
well, there's always the yotank if you look for a REAL tough protection
biggrin.gif

I have just an invisibleshield on my ipod. it protects the ipod from scratches, but not from much more

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine's iSkin eVo3 in black. It is pretty cool looking. At least in black. Personally I could not pull off any of the other colors, but YMMV if you're more fashionable than I.

The iSkin does look pretty sweet! i think I'm gonna get one.

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 62
If YoTank can fit my incoming iMod even with a BSE on, that'd be perfect.

I just can't get over how much that thing costs.
eek.gif

Oh, and with the YoTank, you can't use some IEMs like the ER4P because of its strict 90-degree plug.

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 62
I ordered an iSkin. I was going to order a YoTank 4th Gen Photo case but 75$ and THEN 12.95$ to ship the thing? That's very unreasonable so I passed on it. I was going to order it for my Imod but the shipping made me turn away from it.

Jun 13, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #10 of 62
iSkin is a nice case. I got the black version and it's a dust magnet but I like it alright. I lost the belt clip though. Oh well, I'd never use it anyways.

Jun 13, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #12 of 62
I use a Green House silicon case. I don't know if it's all that cool, but the smoke grey color looks good with the black iMod. Also, since I use poly bands to attach my amp, the silicon case keeps the amp from sliding around.

Jun 13, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #13 of 62
i'm using it while commuting by train. The changes that the Imod will encounter a tank or bullit are not that big I guesse. The biggest risk will be a train crash and if this happenes I probabely couldn't care less about the Imod. So the Yotank is out of the equation.

The Green House looks nice, but also the skins form Iskin, the Total Body Skin (sexy) from Bestskinsever and the Invisible Shield.

More suggestions (and pics) are most welcome..

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #14 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've ordered the imod 5.5 80 GB and of course I want to protect it as good as possible, including screen and wheel. It should have space for the ALO dock to connect to the Ipod. I'm interested in your suggestions. And...the cooler the better. Please share your thoughts and recommendations

Pics are most welcome.

.... did i miss something?

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #15 of 62
The nice folks at YoTank had no problem at all making modifications to my original iTank case that I bought from nickknutson. I sent them back the case along with a canare f12 mini plug and the large ipod dock connector that ALO uses for their iMod LOD. They might still have the measurements on hand and might be able to custom mod your iTank before shipping it to you. Amy was really nice and had great communication with her. Just something for you guys to keep in mind if you go the iTank route. Since I know they are working on a custom 4G iTank case for RWA, I'm sure they can get together with RWA/ALO to get the specs needed to have the iTank cases made perfect for this iMod as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back