How do you guys clean your tips?
Apr 30, 2007 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

papomaster

500+ Head-Fier
Heya all!

I was wondering how you guys are cleaning your IEM tips (if they are washable - probably not the foamies).

I myself use some Mr. Net dish washing soap with water, leave them a few hours. Then I let them dry for at least an hour so there won't be moisture between the tip and the filter of the IEMs.

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 17
Soap & warm water at home, hand sanitizer on the road.

--Chris

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #9 of 17
water with soap.

As for foamies, i just threw them away since after I cleaning it, it lost some seal.. and I generally can't clean them that well anyway

(different story with the new senn black foamies though. I clean them with soap and water also)

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #10 of 17
I use normal hand soap and warm water.

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #11 of 17
I would like to know how people clean their Marshy's... I unwisely rinsed one pair in water, and it lost is seal. I'm too scared to clean my other pair now, so its covered in earwax and dirt from my fingers when I roll them... Probably not very hygienic.

May 2, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by 65535 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soap water and Q-Tips or IPA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tequila, water and soap.

Well, so far we've got votes for India Pale Ale and tequila. Any other alcoholic beverages good for the job?
wink.gif

May 5, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #15 of 17
I clean the inside of my Sensas with twisted nickle plated steel guitar string, which is 1000% better than the tool that comes with most iems, and to clean the outside I use Elacin spray ment for the purpose. It leaves a smooth finish and it disinfects - which is handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back