How Do You Discover Music?
Jun 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #76 of 143
Quote:
I listened to several classical selections and jazz on this site, sounded pretty good. Then I listened to American Idiot by Green Day, they bleeped out "dirty words"! Is this typical of this site?

I don't know exactly what you mean by dirty words..? If you mean curse words, then yes nothing there is censored in any way. Anyone can sign up and upload just anything they want there.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #78 of 143
I don't know exactly what you mean by dirty words..? If you mean curse words, then yes nothing there is censored in any way. Anyone can sign up and upload just anything they want there.

Yes I meant curse words and they were omitted from the song American Idiot, I was streaming it not downloading however, perhaps that makes a difference.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #79 of 143
I usually happen upon an artist through other media I consume.  Maybe they are on a soundtrack, commercial, or TV show.  I hope that someday I'll find a forum or dedicated thread that caters to my taste in music!

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #80 of 143
I think a big part of it for me is "how do I rediscover music" than anything lol. I'm still searching for songs that have stayed stuck in my head but yet can articulate the lyrics to find the songs. Sucks actually lol. A lot of the newer stuff I add I tend to hear the songs on youtube and then acquire later acquire the music. Yet much of the stuff of today is a far cry away from the quality of yesteryear ;(.

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #82 of 143
Loving the ideas, keep the juices flowing.  Have been checking each out and it looks like we are creating a sweet database.  Maybe when I get back in town I can edit my OP and throw together a nice looking intro with all of the existing ideas.

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #83 of 143
Quote:
Loving the ideas, keep the juices flowing.  Have been checking each out and it looks like we are creating a sweet database.  Maybe when I get back in town I can edit my OP and throw together a nice looking intro with all of the existing ideas.

That would be amazing.  It is after the music that ultimately got most of us into headphones.  The more music the better 
beyersmile.png

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #85 of 143
Using related artists on spotify has worked really well for me, by putting the popular songs on by each artists, tis quick and easy to find stuff I like. Other than that I just get friends to recommend what they're listening to atm.

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #87 of 143
I am 18 years old. I discover new music by going to concerts of artist I love and see the other artists they put in the line up.  Also I just watt for my favorite are to put out new things. And last I just find new music through friends,peers,roommates etc. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #89 of 143
Online radio stations.  Thankfully gone are the days where I am stuck with at best a 2 hour rock show filled with ads on a saturday that then gets cancelled anyway.  Now the problem is choosing which one to listen to at a time.  Will it be heavier, more melodic, instrumental...

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #90 of 143
For me, it is by random purchases of second hand CDs, only $1 or so each, so - if they're not to my liking, no harm done - but, if I do like them, then I go hunting for the back catalogues!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back