How do you afford your gear???
May 6, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #106 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Unfortunately grad school doesn't leave me much time to get a job right now. But I'm good at saving money and I spend very little on luxury items, headphone being the exception.
wink.gif

To all those Ramen eaters out there, I use to be one of you too. Then I discovered I could cook!
eek.gif
Give it a try, it's much healthier then Ramen and relatively cheap if you know how to budget. $40 goes about two weeks for me.
icon10.gif

I don't see why anyone would want to eat ramen anyways... They taste gross, is also bad for you in terms of like fat, and just plain gross... Just buy spagetti, buy the can of sauce, boil the spagetti and heat the sauce, and mix the two, how hard is that?

May 6, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #107 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
I don't see why anyone would want to eat ramen anyways... They taste gross, is also bad for you in terms of like fat, and just plain gross... Just buy spagetti, buy the can of sauce, boil the spagetti and heat the sauce, and mix the two, how hard is that?

LIES! Ramen is just tasty. At my local japanese restaurant the Ramen is absolutely exquisite.

May 6, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #108 of 134
Ramen varies in quality. I find that the best junk ramen are the "Kung Fu" brand along with the brand with onion flavor.

May 6, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #110 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
LIES! Ramen is just tasty. At my local japanese restaurant the Ramen is absolutely exquisite.

thats because they made their noodles fresh, and is also more expensive. Why not just a sandwich with bread, cheese and ham instead of ramen?

May 6, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #111 of 134
I agree about the unhealthy part.

A loaf of good wheat bread, one pound of your favorite meat, one pound of cheese, two tomatoes (I prefer roma), and a lettuce roll can easily provide lunch for two weeks, for under $20. And healthy too.

May 7, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #112 of 134
I got most of my gear for free from friends (presents and unwanted gear because it looked "ugly").

May 7, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #114 of 134
I have two jobs..one pays the bills,spending cash,savings...

the other job pays for the audio..

I just got a big promotion at the job that pays for the audio but there is good and bad news about that...

good is I will have triple the amount of money coming in now..so I can buy more audio toys and still use alot to save towards a house..

bad news is I have ALOT LESS TIME for music listening..so less will go to audio and more will go to a saving of a house.

May 7, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #115 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Shrimp flavor is pretty tasty
smily_headphones1.gif

I lived from roast chicken flavor
tongue.gif
. Not bad when you're hungry and can get 100 for 10 dollars.

May 7, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #116 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
I agree about the unhealthy part.

A loaf of good wheat bread, one pound of your favorite meat, one pound of cheese, two tomatoes (I prefer roma), and a lettuce roll can easily provide lunch for two weeks, for under $20. And healthy too.

Healthier than ramen, anyway. It's a great way to save money and have a little variety, for sure. I used to like getting bread rolls and making sub sandwiches...those were good times.

@Oistrakh
Like K2Grey said, there's different varieties of varying quality--you're lucky you don't like the taste, because it sure isn't that healthy! On your other note, sure, you can make sandwiches, but...why do people buy Ford when they can get a Toyota? Preference, amigo. I think you'll have a hard time if you're trying to change people's minds by confronting them directly (as I'm about to do). Meat and cheese aren't super healthy either, at least not the typical stuff available in supermarkets, nor is it healthy in large quantities--you should become a vegan!
tongue.gif
Balance is essential, in any case.

All I'm saying is, I can eat ramen once a day and save quite a bit of money (I have salads/fruit/potatoes/veggies/some kind of soup/oatmeal for other meals).
tongue.gif

Not trying to hijack the thread, sorry OP!

May 7, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #118 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarus
True! It's cheap as hell though...8/$1. You get screwed if you wanna live healthy and be poor. Well, you can get oats/rice/fruit/veggies and live sort of cheaply, but not quite so cheap. It's not like I only eat ramen.
icon10.gif
I also drink a ton of water, though I need a lot more exercise. Lots of people don't care that they're eating unhealthily until they have a heart attack or something catastrophic happens...guess that's the way it is! Ramen's better (less bad) than cheap ground beef from the supermarket, in any case.

Maybe that type of mentality is the reason for the large number of obese people in this world

May 7, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #119 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Maybe that type of mentality is the reason for the large number of obese people in this world

Some people just don't know better. What seems like common sense to you or me really isn't.

May 7, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #120 of 134
1) Yep, this describes my wife perfectly:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
first, by marrying a beautiful smart practical woman that saves me at least 75000 a year. she could have a mercedes and designer clothes but chooses not to and still looks damn good in whatever she wears. plus with her great natural skin that is at least another 5000 a year in beauty supplies/treatments so that leaves me plenty of money for audio/guns.
the motto? marry the hottest chick you can with natural beauty and her head on right...that will pay you innumerable dividends in your life.

2) No kids for the win! And it would appear it is going to stay that way. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

3) Fixing peoples computers on the side here and there can add up to some big bucks.

Now if I could only get the hell out of southern New Jersey, I would be able to easily double my gear with the extra money I would save/pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back