How do the Audeo earphones compare?
Feb 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shoegazer

New Head-Fier
I clicked on the sponsor link of this brand I hadn't heard of before, and now I'm curious how they compare to other IEMs in the same price class. I got rid of my E4Cs as I couldn't take the microphonic cable of the Shures, though I felt they sounded okay otherwise. And while I tend to prefer on-ear/over-ear cans, I'm curious about these based on this company's pedigree making hearing aids (I'm assuming they'll be comfortable to wear). 

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm enjoying the 022s right now.

The headphones are all the same across the board with differences in filters and/or iphone mic button additions.

No microphonics and they're super comfortable but ... they require a bit deeper insertion than most IEMs.  It's not extreme or nothing but more so than regular, straight-down IEMs.

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Feb 15, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi,

Does the PFE022 perfect bass have to be worn over ear or can they be worn straight down?

Thanks

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 6
When I demo'd the Phonak extra bass I wore them straight down with no problem.   Comparing them to the Sunrise Xcape it seemed the bass was more integrated into the xcape and was smoother, while the bass of the Phonak appeared to stand out more from the rest of the music.   However, my Xcapes were fully burned in while the Phonaks only had 20 hrs burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back