How do I remove my Comply Tips from my SE215?
Oct 6, 2011 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

NoahZ

Head-Fier
My SE215 arrived today. I'm loving it but I want to try the different tips, maybe get a better fit.

The tips that are on it out of the box are comply foam. I'm trying to just pull and squeeze them off as shown by Comply's video and another thread, but all this does is compress the hell out of them and make the stick even tighter to the headphones. 

What can I do to get these things off?

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 17
grip tightly the reason they arent coming off is cause they are slipping. try using a glove, towel, etc to get better grip. once you get a good grip just pull back in a twisting motion and they will come off.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 17
Same thing happened to me. Please, DO NOT put them in the freezer overnight. That is terrible for the internals and could cause permanent damage. The best thing to do is place them in the freezer, in a ziplock bag, for about 5-10 minutes. This will harden the foam and they are much easier to get off. I did this and was able to get them off with no problem. The Silicon tips aren't as hard to get off, BTW. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
Same thing happened to me. Please, DO NOT put them in the freezer overnight. That is terrible for the internals and could cause permanent damage. The best thing to do is place them in the freezer, in a ziplock bag, for about 5-10 minutes. This will harden the foam and they are much easier to get off. I did this and was able to get them off with no problem. The Silicon tips aren't as hard to get off, BTW. 

That's what I thought too. Apparently putting electronic devices in a freezer is not a good idea in the first place. This article (http://the-gadgeteer.com/2011/02/12/shure-se535-earphones-review/) talks about it too.

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #11 of 17
The SE215 do not come with Comply™ Foam Tips. Those are the standard Shure "olives."
They are hard to get off. This is not an official company opinion, but I've been able to take our the olives by using my finger nails to get a bit of leverage on the base of the tip, then pull a bit forcefully on the tip. Though the earphones are well structured and don't easily break, be careful to only grip the earphone tip, NOT the sound port.
Good luck 

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #12 of 17
They've been frozen. And... nothing. -sigh-. Whatever. They're comfortable with the stock olives, so... I'll stick with em. And then in a few months when they're gross, I'll just like cut them off, I guess... unless they get easier to remove by then. So unless there's any other miracle solution, that's that I guess... 

And sorry Comply for the confusion, I thought Shure olives were just the silicone tips.

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #13 of 17
Agreed with Mr. Comply sponsor dude.  I just got some 215s and was having a heck of time getting the foam tips off.  Using my fingernail, I slowly worked it up, one side then the other, off of the central shaft.  It didn't take a ton of force, just a little patience - maybe 2 - 3 minutes of inching (well, millimetering) up.  Good luck!  

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #14 of 17
one way i got them off my se535 i just bought and they were REALLY on there is, pinch the tip, and then turn it back and fourth in some what of a rocking motion. this got the olives off my se535's 

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #15 of 17
  Agreed with Mr. Comply sponsor dude.  I just got some 215s and was having a heck of time getting the foam tips off.  Using my fingernail, I slowly worked it up, one side then the other, off of the central shaft.  It didn't take a ton of force, just a little patience - maybe 2 - 3 minutes of inching (well, millimetering) up.  Good luck!  

This actually worked for me. What i used though was not nails but the Balck pin that came with my Olives. The rubber end (not the metal one) helped me get both of them off within a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back