How do i protect my Mp3's headphone jack??
May 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Questionscoming

New Head-Fier
I just purchased the ath m50's, and plugged them into my sansa clip +.  walked around for a bit while listening to music, and the jack is already screwy.  If i move it a certain way, the M50's left ear will stop playing music.  I then tried listening with another pair of headphones and verified that it is my mp3 player's jack acting up.  I literrally just used the m50's today and they already screwed up my mp3 player's jack.  I know the m50's jack is heavy, but how can i protect my future mp3 player's jacks?  Should i get a right angle plug for protection?  Will it lower quality?  I tried to search and it seems like no one else is experiencing this problem.  It's weird because this similar incident occurred with my senheiser hd 202 but with my ipod touch's headphone jack.

May 30, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 8
i never have this problem and no, the angled jack or L jack which is what its called, does not have a worse quality, its exactly the same quality, its just a preference of what people like more. i personally prefer the L jack because i find the straight jack is easier to damage (for the headphone, never experienced problem with the portable players jack) and i guess for you, you just have to be careful from now on.

May 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
bump! anyone experience this?

I have before, it's probably from putting too much pressure on the headphones jack and you can bend stuff on the inside of the player, so you have to push it to an extreme to get it to connect to the connectors that are on the inside of the port to get a proper connection. It is probably from being in your pocket. I don't think the heave jack would be the problem. You just have to be careful with putting too much pressure on that area. Not sure if I explained it very well, hopefully you got what I am trying to say.

May 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 8
Common Problem with the Clip's...

A fix for it if your handy -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/538544/clip-loose-plug#post_7281119

I have a DIY right angle for mine.

May 31, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 8
i did read some complaining about the sansa clip (or clip zip) to have this issue.
i use to use (*&$"£) a little cable extension between my clip zip and my HF5 or DT990 250,so technically i never use the jack from my Dap.
good luck!
Salute

May 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 8
Try this > http://www.replug.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back