How do I post a photo by uploading from my computer?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by ruthieandjohn, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ruthieandjohn
    The old head-fi site, when during writing a post I would click on the "Add Image" icon (the mountain range silhouette), would offer me the option of uploading a picture on my computer. The current version of the icon merely offers a place to put in a web address, suggesting that I need to have already uploaded that image, either to an image hosting site such as ImageBucket (now a for-pay site) or into the head-fi picture gallery.

Is there a way to directly insert an image into my post? Thanks!

2. joe Administrator
    Hello @ruthieandjohn !

You can upload an image by clicking the "Upload a File" button to the right of the "Post Reply" button below the reply text box.

3. animeismylife
    I have the same problem, there is no "Upload a File" option where you say. I'm on the iPad.

4. AxelCloris Administrator
    What browser are you using on the iPad? I'm currently seeing this option on my Mini 4 in Safari.

5. animeismylife
    I'm using safari as well! There is just "Post Reply" and "More Options."

6. animeismylife
    You must've fixed something in my account, the "upload a file" option has appeared. Thanks Admin! ^__^

7. AxelCloris Administrator
    It wasn't me, but our engineer and designer have been working on the backend recently to improve the site in various ways. It could have been fixed by them. Glad to hear it returned. :)

8. Detroit1
    I am having the very same problem...

9. joe Administrator
    @Detroit1 - Refresh the page and give it a try now.

10. Detroit1
    thank you very much

11. Oscar-HiFi
    Hi Joe,

What's the max file size, as if I upload an image taken from my DSLR I cannot insert it, it uploads but doesn't allow the option of insert as full image or thumbnail.

If I downsize the image it works fine.

Thanks,

12. joe Administrator
    @Oscar-HiFi - Let me take a look. can you email me the image in question? Please send it to joe[at]head-fi[dot].org. Thanks in advance, and I'll take a look.

Oscar-HiFi likes this.