how do i make foobar2000 look like this?
Aug 6, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #16 of 36
Thanks.

Aug 6, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Coal
You need to go to Preferences - Display, and select Columns_UI at the top (in the drop down box).

-Steve

i did select that, and hit apply and save and everything and its not showing up any different.

anyone know whats up?

Aug 6, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbaird5687
i did select that, and hit apply and save and everything and its not showing up any different.

anyone know whats up?

Then quit and restart Foobar. And then select Columns_UI in Preferences (look carefully, it's there) and under "Other", use "Import" to import other settings.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

anyone know whats up?

Also check whether "Use global variables for display" and "Use global variables when sorting by column" checkbox (under Globals) are ticked.

Aug 6, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #20 of 36
still cant get it to work, even after i just formatted today.

i put the .dll in the correct folder, selected it in foobar, hit apply/save all that jazz. restarted, nothing changed really. no columns. the bottom does look different though, saying what % of the song is done and stuff

Aug 6, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

still cant get it to work, even after i just formatted today.

i put the .dll in the correct folder, selected it in foobar, hit apply/save all that jazz. restarted, nothing changed really. no columns. the bottom does look different though, saying what % of the song is done and stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Then go to Preferences -> Columns UI -> Other and select Import. Browse to the location you saved the .FCS file and open it.

You need that .fcs file too.

-Ed

Aug 7, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #23 of 36
How can I use formatting strings with foo_tunes?

Aug 7, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

You need that .fcs file too.

-Ed

i have imported plisk_0.1.5.fcs. is there anything .fcs file i need to import in addition to this one?

Aug 10, 2004 at 1:09 PM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by drunknmunky
in that picture the guy made the album column really cool ...cant really explain it. The whole setup seems to be done by grouping an album tracks basically....how did he do that??

As you can see in the Preferences -> Display -> Columns_ui -> Columns there's a formatting string for the album info column. What it basically does is that it checks the track number and if it's 1 it places the artist to the album info column. Correspondingly if it's 2 the script places album name and year to the album info and so on. When you group the songs by album the result looks nice but if you randomize them or arrange them to any other order it's just gibberish.

Aug 10, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #28 of 36
Graphical Coumns_UI setup guide:

First close Foobar and extract the foo_ui_columns.dll file into your Foobar2000\components folder (the Foobar2000 folder by default is in c:\Program Files\)

1.png

Then open Foobar and goto Preferences -> Display. Under the User interface module drop down list select Columns UI.

2.png

Close and reopen Foobar then goto Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Other, select Import, and open the .FCS file you downloaded.

3.png

4.png

Aug 10, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #29 of 36
Ahhahahhahah, thank you thakn you. i was missing one option haha.

Can i make a column wider at all? i cant see what album each thing is, unless its maximized

Aug 10, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #30 of 36
Mr. Radar

again, many thanks for your awesome posts. guides with pictures are a must!! you're awesome
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back