How do I get these Shure Olives to fit my RE-ZERO's!!!
Oct 29, 2010 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
I just got my RE-ZERO's today and the shure olives.  Problem is, the Shure Olives do not fit on my RE-ZERO's.  there is a plastic piece inside of it that just won't go on the speaker driver.  I know there was a link on here some place to make them fit, but I cannot find it.  Can someone help me!

Oct 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #4 of 19
Very carefully, with an exacto-type knife or something sharp with a point, cut out the inner plastic tube.  It takes a bit of practice, maybe consider the first two as expendable.

FWIW, I never found the decored Shure Olives to stay on the RE0 anyways.  But others have had better luck than I.

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 19
They come in pretty colours??? To be honest, not much, when I had the re0's I got the best fit with the hybrids, so the best sound. How do they sound with the stock tips anyway? If you get a good sound with the stock tips you can save about 2/3 cd's worth of tunes on tips which may or may not help.

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 19
i think they sound excellent with the stock tips but sound leakage is more than i am liking.  its not horrible, but my 15 dollar skullcandies have better isolation.  of course im using the dual flanges because i think they look cool and the fit would be better.  have yet to try the others.

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 19
nevermiind guys, i finally got them out.  i just took RASeymours advice on using a flat blade and turning it over, then you just get right under the tip of the plastic piece and push down with the blade.  keep doing this all the way around and eventually it will pull out.  thanks for the tips!

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #13 of 19
well the shure olives definately make the isolation much better, but i don't think they make the sound better.  the small dual flanges are the best ones thus far i think but its a slight tradeoff between the two.  i think this is what most people experience right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back