How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #181 of 3,657
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who thinks that the TWag cable designed for the JH-13's/UE10/11's is not many levels above the stock Harvey cable, needs to find a new hobby.

If you could blindly pick that cable 6/6 times I'd be a believer.
wink_face.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #183 of 3,657
Quote:

Originally Posted by eucariote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink_face.gif

I too am intrested. It took me spending most of my savings since sept 2008 of my 300+USD monthly pay to get the JH16s (not here yet). Cables like twag would take the savings of the last 4 months of my time in the army.

Started a thread on a local forum and people took it the wrong way.

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #184 of 3,657
I hate those balls. My kitty cats do too. They always get stuck all over my socks when I venture off the well-beaten topic. Crap, here's one now.
Quote:Originally Posted by vhbaske
Wait some minutes until I take another SNIFF of music...

I like the lemon ones.

Woah. Scratch and sniff CDs! Not very productive, but awesome in theory! Much like Dippin' Dots.

IT WAS A SNIFF OF MUSIC DOPE, LIKE A SNIFF OF COCA COLA

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #185 of 3,657
Quote:

Originally Posted by eucariote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink_face.gif

C'Mon. Give me a fighting chance. How's about 5 out of 6?

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #186 of 3,657
I would buy very expensive cable, but, not for the sound, but for the LOOK !!! How beautiful they look, like a working Rolls Royce and Honda Accord at the street, but they go to the same place. The devil blesses all those who can.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #187 of 3,657
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C'Mon. Give me a fighting chance. How's about 5 out of 6?

Don't make me pull out my calculator.
tongue.gif

Ok, too late.

>> factorial(6)/(factorial(5)*factorial(6-5))*(.5^5)*(.5^(6-5))

ans =

You'd have close to a 10% chance of getting 5/6 by chance alone.

How about 7/8? (p = 0.0313)

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #188 of 3,657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And so, unless research convinces me that cables can make an audible difference, no matter how small, I won't buy anything beyond my $31 (+ shipping) LC-1.

I am very curious with this comment. Lets just say, hypothetically, they found that there are indeed individuals that are documented to have been able to differentiate with 100 percent accuracy several cables in a DBT. Will you then be able to hear differences in your BJC cables, and start hearing differences in expensive ones too? Or will you be thankful that you are amongst the majority that have "less efficient" hearing and hence have no need for "cable tuning".

Remember there is absolute evidence that some headphones are technically better than others - but the majority (of the population) will never hear it that way. If I feel more healthier breathing country air than city air - yet there has not been one conclusive study to indicate that fresh country air will prolong my life one more day than breathing city air - am I wrong.

Will objectivists ever play the devil's advocate and ask themselves - "what if" conclusive evidence was found of human hearing being able to detect what equipment cannot. How will objectivists honestly react to this news. There can only be 3 possible outcomes.

1. An objectivist will "convert" and eventually start to hear differences for themselves. You are weak - the world does not belong to you it belongs to the strong.

2. An objectivist will be surprised - but not affected as he has never heard heard these differences, he knew then and he knows now, he knows he can't hear cable differences. You are strong - the world belongs to you.

3. An objectivist detest these new findings - he has tried in vain to hear differences and never could. He refuses to submit to the fact that someone is "better" than he. You are incredibly strong - the world belongs to you (don't shoot me on this one)

Everyone should ponder "what was" "what is" and "what if" - If you are honest with yourself then the answer is always "what ever".
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #189 of 3,657
Of course headphones will make a difference. Different transducers, different technologies. But cables? When I see those Piccolino cables selling for hundreds of dollars I feel for those souls who spend their hard earned money on fantasies.
Of course if you can easily afford them that's OK, but some people around here don't have a lot of cash and is plain fraud to steal their money.

Apr 14, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #190 of 3,657
Quote:

Originally Posted by SP Wild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will objectivists ever play the devil's advocate and ask themselves - "what if" conclusive evidence was found of human hearing being able to detect what equipment cannot.

Brad of Virtual Dynamics was to provide "evidence" in May of 2008 . . .
My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlepaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interestingly enough I have the preliminary results of a DBT of our interconnects in my email inbox. We won't be presenting them until the middle of May (once the paper is finished) but it shows a definite correlation between the dynamic filtering and SOL (magnet) technologies and an increase in slew rate.

I realize that just having my word on it isn't gonna be good anough for anyone, it wouldn't be good enough for me... Which is why we are putting in the money and time to have them tested by a third party (which doesn't mean we are paying to have them tested... the testing is being done for free, the money is the investment of materials, shipping, plane tickets to go down and film the results, ect.)

So yeah, if that is really all it is gonna take Bigshot, then I expect a sales order from you to be crossing Rita's desk within 3 months or so... assuming that you aren't misrepresenting your position. There does remain the possibility, however, that you aren't actually interested in improving your sound and your components, but intellectually invested in stroking your ego on this board. I'm going to be generous and assume you actually meant what you said... :wink:

"What if" is not "what is".

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #195 of 3,657
Walking through the supermarket with my wife, and she sees a new model of shampoo in fancy packaging, and she says "wow, that looks really good".
To which I respond, "no, the shampoo doesn't look really good, the packaging does".

We've been trained since birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back