How did you know when you reached your endgame?
Jan 15, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #76 of 345
OMG hope you have a money tree in the backyard. I see no point in using vinyl with just headphones do you already have a good 2 channel set up?

As someone with both a serious headphone setup and nearfield speaker setup I'd have to say if YOUR headphone setup isn't strong enough to support vinyl then that's a you problem more than a headphone problem. What does your rig consist of?

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #80 of 345
As someone with both a serious headphone setup and nearfield speaker setup I'd have to say if YOUR headphone setup isn't strong enough to support vinyl then that's a you problem more than a headphone problem. What does your rig consist of?

PC > AudioQuest Diamond USB cable > Eitr > Silver Dragon Digital > Brooklyn DAC+ with LPS > AudioQuest Water interconnects > Kenzie tube amp with input transformer mod > HD800S

Since the DAC+ has a phono stage built in I have considered getting back in to vinyl but I am pretty content with the system I built around the HD800S. Right now I prefer to do my listening through phones using locally stored files or streaming Tidal.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #82 of 345
PC > AudioQuest Diamond USB cable > Eitr > Silver Dragon Digital > Brooklyn DAC+ with LPS > AudioQuest Water interconnects > Kenzie tube amp with input transformer mod > HD800S

Since the DAC+ has a phono stage built in I have considered getting back in to vinyl but I am pretty content with the system I built around the HD800S. Right now I prefer to do my listening through phones.
Back in to vinyl?...implies maybe you have a record collection.....you would be shocked how good some of the new crop of inexpensive higher end tables are....300$ and you are back in the game my friend

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #86 of 345
Back in to vinyl?...implies maybe you have a record collection.....you would be shocked how good some of the new crop of inexpensive higher end tables are....300$ and you are back in the game my friend

Thanks but not that easy. My record collection was damaged beyond saving during a move many years ago. Besides now very good digital sounds almost as good as vinyl, that was sure not the case even 15 years ago. Lot of progress has been made.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #88 of 345

I just missed this nice Well Tempered Simplex with a Rega Exact cartridge. I would have been set. I got some direct to disk, MoFis, Nautilus, and more LPs.

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #90 of 345
I used to have Apogee ribbon speakers (the legendary 1-Ohm Scintillas), Krell monos, VTL preamp, VPI HW-19 table with Eminent Technology 2 air arm.

Now I got a pair of old Stax SR-007Mk1, KGST, Exogal Comet DAC and OPPO 95 transport. The Comet moves a notch up with a better LPS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back