How did you know when you reached your endgame?
Jan 7, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #61 of 345
Jan 9, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #64 of 345
For end game I am waiting for the mother of all dynamic headphones--when someone finally throws in a diamond driver into a headphone. Take a 50mm Accuton diamond driver, and charge $50,000. Hell it'll probably outperform the Sennheiser Orpheus easily and be easy to drive out of a cell phone.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #66 of 345
Yeah well, there needs to be some way to control costs. A 1" diamond tweeter is like $4000 and a 5.5" diamond midrange costs like $30,000. No way this will make its way into headphones until it gets cheaper to manufacture.

Jan 13, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #68 of 345
Yeah well, there needs to be some way to control costs. A 1" diamond tweeter is like $4000 and a 5.5" diamond midrange costs like $30,000. No way this will make its way into headphones until it gets cheaper to manufacture.

Hmm... Synthetic diamonds can be even harder than natural ones and they should be a lot cheaper to produce.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #69 of 345
There is no end to this thing. Now I'm contemplating getting a vinyl rig. So, I think I'm sold on Well Tempered tables, I'm just looking for a used one, not cheap. Then I need a good phono preamp, so many good ones, not cheap either, even used. I think I'll get a used preamp with a good phono first. I got my eye on one. Other options are the ifi Phono 2, Sutherland Insight then there's the Parasound JC 3 Jr., the lil brother of Halo JC 3+, designed by John Curl who designed the legendary Vendetta Research SCP-2 phono preamp.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #71 of 345
There is no end to this thing. Now I'm contemplating getting a vinyl rig. So, I think I'm sold on Well Tempered tables, I'm just looking for a used one, not cheap. Then I need a good phono preamp, so many good ones, not cheap either, even used. I think I'll get a used preamp with a good phono first. I got my eye on one. Other options are the ifi Phono 2, Sutherland Insight then there's the Parasound JC 3 Jr., the lil brother of Halo JC 3+, designed by John Curl who designed the legendary Vendetta Research SCP-2 phono preamp.

I have a kp-9010 and C-280 I am willing to part with.

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #72 of 345
Im just getting irritated by reading the same crap. the hd820 has my interest but the eco system building by manufacturers has me getting jaded. You have point to point right. power to server to dac to amp to HP. I can chose what i like, what i think is best for me and my budget. Don't try to make me get a second mortgage or think i can't buy what ever component i think synergies my system best. If no one else duplicates my components so be it. Don't get me started on little boxes and clip ons. you'll know your done when your done, my server upgrade and I'm out of here.
Had the flu so might be a little antsy.

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #73 of 345

OMG hope you have a money tree in the backyard. I see no point in using vinyl with just headphones do you already have a good 2 channel set up?

Jan 15, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #74 of 345
Salutations to all!

Endgame is without end and without any view, there is always better, and this better endgame object is way much unreachable for almost all of us moneywise.... For me I live my endgame now (1000 dollars system all in all, I dont count my errors or my trials and errors in the last 7 years of my journey) Because a kind of endgame is reach wisely when your reptilian brain listen natural music sound with your system for the first time(this past year for me)... My discovery is not about what someone need to buy: this headphone or this dac, or this amplifier these speakers...I had my ideas about that indeed, and my experience with great products at low cost now and I had my opinions about that and will not give them here.... It will suffice to say that the greatest upgrade in audio is, except purchasing multi-thousand dollars products in an unreachable upgrade without end, cleaning your electrical grid and treating all vibrations in your gear.... Good products will sound for the first time at their optimal potential.... I know for sure now that almost nobody had ever listen to the true potential of the gear they had experienced in the past...Even pro-reviewers...There will be always better but who gives a damn when you listen to your music for the first time like me and your guts says that's it at last ( it takes me 7 years for that)... I speak about all that in more details here and I apologize:ksc75smile: for those of you here that knows already my credo :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/top...000-bucks-all-included-is-it-possible.864928/

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #75 of 345
OMG hope you have a money tree in the backyard. I see no point in using vinyl with just headphones do you already have a good 2 channel set up?

What do you mean a two channel setup? Isn't a headphone two channels? Why can't I use a vinyl rig for headphones? Is there a rule somewhere where it is not appropriate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back