How did you know when you reached your endgame?
Jan 20, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #167 of 345
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #168 of 345
Jan 20, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #169 of 345
Better get your little screwdrivers,alignment gauge and eye glasses ready lol....it was a lot tougher mounting my last cartridge than it used to be

I would need one of this.

31OHBelixjL.jpg

Jan 20, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #171 of 345
This is a fun thread, no one forcing ideas on what's best. That makes for good conversation. Seems end game for all shows critical thinking. In the last page of posts I got the feeling that end game for some here means vintage reel to reel and for others it's the latest in digital audio conversion. Either direction might lead to happiness I'm sure. I'd just like to say, what ever direction, do not let your passion for this stuff become an obsession. You will have no satisfaction with it then; and, you will miss out on the really meaningful events in your life for your focus on audio. That's my audio advice.

Jan 20, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #173 of 345
This is a fun thread, no one forcing ideas on what's best. That makes for good conversation. Seems end game for all shows critical thinking. In the last page of posts I got the feeling that end game for some here means vintage reel to reel and for others it's the latest in digital audio conversion. Either direction might lead to happiness I'm sure. I'd just like to say, what ever direction, do not let your passion for this stuff become an obsession. You will have no satisfaction with it then; and, you will miss out on the really meaningful events in your life for your focus on audio. That's my audio advice.
Agreed....balance...don't cross that line to obsession

Jan 20, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #175 of 345
I mostly buy used and discontinued so I save quite a bit. In this hobby either someone is upgrading, thinning the herd or both.
Bought most of my stuff off the local high end shop.dealt with him for about 37years.He has always given fair value on trade ins,let's me test drive at home before I buy.The trade up route has made upgrading more palatable for me.Unfortunately I think the internet is hurting these kind of specialty stores....wow I have gone way off topic here

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #176 of 345
Bought most of my stuff off the local high end shop.dealt with him for about 37years.He has always given fair value on trade ins,let's me test drive at home before I buy.The trade up route has made upgrading more palatable for me.Unfortunately I think the internet is hurting these kind of specialty stores....wow I have gone way off topic here

There is no endgame for some of us here. Upgrading, swapping, tweaking, these are all part of the hobby. I bought a better 15vdc linear power supply for my DAC. It improved it by a notch.

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #177 of 345
There is no endgame for some of us here. Upgrading, swapping, tweaking, these are all part of the hobby. I bought a better 15vdc linear power supply for my DAC. It improved it by a notch.
Yep got the psu upgrade for my graham slee phono section recently.Tweaks are probably the most fun/interesting part of this hobby.Nothing is off limits for tweaks...especially on the analog end of things...when's your phono section arriving?lol

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #178 of 345
Yep got the psu upgrade for my graham slee phono section recently.Tweaks are probably the most fun/interesting part of this hobby.Nothing is off limits for tweaks...especially on the analog end of things...when's your phono section arriving?lol

It's shipping from Winnipeg to Colorado, a week or so? I dunno when the Consonance will be fixed by the guy I'm buying it from.

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #179 of 345
Your goldnote turntable uses an inverter power supply(I repair and sell these things for industrial applications)15 years ago this technology would be about 2500$ minimum for a power supply...gotta love new tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back