How did you know when you reached your endgame?
Feb 26, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #197 of 345
Reached planet endgame in the early 1980s.

How do you know?

The police come and ask you to turn it down.

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #198 of 345
If you don’t even know what satisfied you, then no one else do.

I reached my end game only with Stax 009 and KG T2, even the Carbon or Grounded Grid did not do it for me.

Until then ? Every other people opinions and references points should only be used as references points. You go on your own journey and find out for yourself.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #199 of 345
I think at some point, I will be down-grading. I find that as I reach summit fi, the tonality of the headphones can get a bit incisive with a lot of recordings. You think about if it's the technicality or music you are trying to enjoy. At this point I want something I can listen to variety of music types/genre without getting fatigued early, and provides a engaging sounding, not necessarily transparent. In other words, musicality and engaging sound is what I want. The big question is what can provide me this really well?

So, in another perspective, end-game is the setup you are most happy with that you know provides musical enjoyment, that makes music the forefront above everything else.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #201 of 345
after years in the hobby, trying new equipment and trying to find better sound is less important to me. time/money is now spent on higher priority life items. i still listen almost daily but the equipment part of the equation is much less of a factor.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #203 of 345
after years in the hobby, trying new equipment and trying to find better sound is less important to me. time/money is now spent on higher priority life items. i still listen almost daily but the equipment part of the equation is much less of a factor.
would a "high priority life item" be a car, house, bed shoes ect? Stuff you use every day?

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #204 of 345
When I ran out of cash..

That's called a "hiatus" until you can free up some funds. I ran out of funds for the hobby too, just secured some more(tax return, lol). Looking at new headphones and amp/DAC now.

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #205 of 345
would a "high priority life item" be a car, house, bed shoes ect? Stuff you use every day?

Although he used the word item, maybe he meant spouse or significant other too? Perhaps family. I know that if I go out with friends, I'm not thinking of the hobby. Obviously that's not spouse or family but what I mean is if you spend time with and do things with people you like or love before you lose them, the hobby takes a backseat sometimes.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #208 of 345
If you already owns any relatively good audio system and you clean it and treat it, then this system will become so musical, you will forget upgrading, this is an endgame....But majority of people dont know that, they spend money before thinking....:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #209 of 345
If you already owns any relatively good audio system and you clean it and treat it, then this system will become so musical, you will forget upgrading, this is an endgame....But majority of people dont know that, they spend money before thinking....:ksc75smile:

If you win the lottery next week would you stick with your stones and crystals system and spend the money on none hifi products?

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #210 of 345
If you win the lottery next week would you stick with your stones and crystals system and spend the money on none hifi products?

I already calculate that a real upgrade to my audio system will cost me a great deal of money.... For the dac i dont know the price but certainly around 1000 bucks or more... My 2 sansui amplifiers are top of their era,then many thousands to crush them, probably a Sim audio headphone amplifier + a speaker amplifier....For the headphone, one thousand and more I dont know, my Akg is really good...All in all certainly minimum 10,000 thousand dollars....You know what? This possible upgrade will not push me to heaven so much more than my actual system... The upgrade will be there I have no doubt, but I will go on with my cleaning of the electrical grid methods,with my isolation damping methods also, even with a one hundred thousand dollars system bought after the loto...The reason is simple: any system at any cost,dac, amp, speakers,power supply, etc vibrates and is immersed in a muddy electrical house grid....

You know what? I am no more an obsessed audiophile now, I only listen my music in this actual system of mine and it is already perfect, not the better in the world but so musical and without evident fault that I smile to any costly upgrading possibility.... And all that because of these cleaning-isolating-damping methods at low cost that many mock me for, and that nobody had ever try, who is the fool?:ksc75smile:
This is the long answer to your question.... The short answer is no... I will stick to mine without spending more ... Music is music when you have it, at last...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back