How can I send a 600mb file over internet?
Mar 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but then it's limited to the usually poor uploading speeds of the two seeds.

Same case if you upload to an upload site first...

Mar 6, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #17 of 33
I like to use torrents, setting up a FTP server is too much. Use uTorrent have a private tracker & create a torrent file.

Mar 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #18 of 33
Just use an instant messenger. I send movies as big as 1.4 GB to friends via skype all the time if they have a good connection.

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #20 of 33
I would simply set up an FTP server. Then he/she could log on to download.
Or use BitTorrent as someone else mentioned.

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 33
200 miles?

ROAD TRIP!

wink.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #25 of 33
For situations like this, I use HJSplit.

It lets me break up a large file to a number of smaller file sizes (I choose how many) and then the other person uses HJSplit to join all the pieces again.

The practicality of this is that if, for some reason, your connection failed, you can pick up right where you started. Also, you can just e-mail the pieces, which is rather convenient for whomever needs them to download them since they can do it when they please.

Here is the link to the little program (super tiny download):
File Splitters, freeware and multi-platform: HJSplit

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #30 of 33
You can use FileMail that allows you to send files smaller than 2GB. Just give it an email address and a file, it will email a link to the recipient who can then download the file. Another method would be to use PC File Transfer that can transfer files between two computers easily. You should create an account connection to the remote computer. In this way, it doesn't matter if your computers are behind routers and firewalls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back