How can I get the most out of my Fiio e6?
Jun 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gabe Springhett

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just received my fiio e6 in the mail, and I'm waiting for it to charge up. But I'm wondering how to get the best sound out of it. Would I keep the volume low on the amp and High on my iPad? Or low in my iPad and high on the amp? What eq do you recommend? I'm using the amp with my audio technica ath-m50 with LOD on my iPad 3. Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Gabe

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes I'm using iTunes, but the Fiio e6 amp itself has 3 built in equalizer modes.
1 (red) ridiculously muddy bass boost, taking away mids, and highs.
2 (blue) smaller bass boost (seems more like a midrange boost)
3 (pink) supposed to be a high input setting, lowers all frequency by 3db. For high input music players, so it doesn't overload the amp.

So far I have listened to it for about 4 hours, best equalizer in my opinion is off completely, or pink. Red makes your headphones sound like dre beats, no mids no highs, very emphasized lows. Blue makes them sound like Bose (lots of mids, very little highs, and lows) I would stick with eq off for a flat response (or as flat as your gonna get with a fiio amp)

So yes, I just answered my own question, but I asked before because I wanted to set it up as best as possible, to get a true first impression of the little amp.

Thank you for your help,
Gabe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back